Re: Cause and Effect and On-line Strategies/Bob

  • Papajeff
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
      Hey Bob,

      Neat take on the loop back
      to the Big Bang as one of
      Awakening...at least that
      was my take on your take.

      About your generous comments:
      I would be humbled by them...
      except my brother often asks,
      "How can you be humble and
      know you're humble?"

      100W Love,

      Jeff

      PS: Strategies? Well, maybe
      a couple...or so...resonated
      as vaguely familiar.

      > Carl Sagan once said that to really find
      > the cause of any effect you have to go back
      > to the Big Bang and work from there. In a
      > universe that's characterized by adjectives
      > and adverbs like "Chaos", it's interesting
      > that things pop up exactly when they would
      > fit in. Right after reading Papajeff and
      > Sandeep, both of whom I respect and think
      > are wiser than the average bear, I found this
      > site that deals with strategies that are used
      > in on-line arguments.
      > http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70321
      > I hope you enjoy what is shareed there even if it
      > doesn't exactly fit with what has been going on
      > in these recent posts. In the case of the last few
      > posts here, I want to say that when I read Sandeep,
      > my mind's chatter often stops and that opens the
      > "doors of perception", and since Swami Chidananda's
      > recent death, I think Sandeep may be the most conscious
      > person in India. Similarly, Papajeff is one of
      > the brightest lights in America and has been very
      > generous in presenting his wise in-sights. Both of these
      > guys have demonstrated real Charity in the wisdom they
      > share, and as I consider sharing those things that
      > you have found to have helped you evolve in
      > consciousness with others to the best thing you can
      > do for someone. I feel this forum has been privileged
      > to have so often been able to nurture our inner gardens
      > with their enlightening words. I suggest that it is well
      > worth checking out Papajeff's Yahoo group
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mysticheartmeditation/
      > and Sandeep's web site:
      > http://www.the-covenant.net/
      > They both are thought provoking and thought stopping.
      > And both have the potential to take you right to
      > The Big Bang!
      > Enjoy!
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

    • cosmic_yogi1
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
        Brother Sandeep!

        Your piercing insight is truly appreci-Loved:-) Thank you for sharing.

        Hanif

        ONE, or ZERO;-)

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep <sandeep1960@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > that something is the causal requirement for what-is-already-the-case to
        > be reached.......
        >
        > ......and .....
        >
        > ..... believing that nothing has to be done........ as the causal
        > requirement...... for what-is-already-the-case to be reached.
        >
        > No difference whatsoever.
        >

        > Which is why............if a specific technique is getting enacted which
        > is held to be meditation, bhakti-japa, self-enquiry........coming across
        > a spectacle of need, anguish, suffering and getting moved to do whatever
        > one did in that moment to assuage the spectacle......(whether succeeded
        > or not)
        >
        > .......in each of these instances.........the apperceiving is
        > that...........each of the instance was a natural nuance of the
        > moment.....an unfolding play of totality as that very specific act of a
        > multi-act drama......
        >
        > a drama .....which is nothing but a display of what would be it be like,
        > if for example .....meditation, bhakti-japa, self-enquiry, empathy.....
        >
        > ...was ever possible to be.
        >

        > Similarly, the absence of any of these facets of
        > phenomenality........are as much .........a natural nuance of the
        > moment.....as much as acts
        > of the same multi-act drama.
        >

        > Now what is to be pursued, craved, intended, affirmed?
        >
        > What is to be shunned, avoided, negated?
        >

        > The instance....... no matter what it's content.......... is not a means
        > to another instance.
        >
        > The instance........ no matter what its content........ is not an
        > obstruction to another instance
        >
        > For no instance has a relation with another instance.
        >
        > Why not?
        >
        > Because each instance, irrespective of the content of that
        > instance.........is complete in itself.
        >

        > There is no pop-up needing to fit into frame.
        >
        > The pop-up IS the frame.
        >

        > In this light of apperception(again a mere term)............where there
        > is no surrounding halo of intentions, will, stakes, hopes.....
        >
        > the apperception that ....the halo IS the very unfolding meditation, if so.
        >
        > the apperception that .....the halo IS the very unfolding of empathy, if so.
        >
        > The apperception that....the halo IS the very unfolding absence of any
        > such activities, if such is the case.
        >

        > The apperception that the pervading stillness..........is not an effect
        > of what is unfolding................whether the unfolding happens in the
        > dirt of the gutter
        >
        > or in the pristinity of cathedral towers.
        >

        > The light of this apperception .........consumes( to use a
        > term).......all "other" instances......... both the recalled and the
        > projected.
        >

        > The consumption of the recall and the projected .............is the
        > consumption of even this instance.
        >

        > And the apperception that the Big Bang ...
        >

        > ..a mere infantile wiggle....
        >
        > .....to display what would it be like...... IF...... something could

      • sandeep chatterjee
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
          Hi Sean,

          Greetings,

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010

            Dearest Sean - this forum, or whatever it’s called, has been my sangha for a few years now, & I treasure it, if for no other reason than what I’ve learned from you.  I try to understand what’s being shared, & I think I grasp most of it.  What I find incomprehensible, I let go.  Maybe I’ll “get it” some day, maybe not.  Either way, I’m okay.  My mother died at 73, & my father died at the age I am now (72), so I’m noticing that life is short.  Most stuff (maybe all of it) is just not worth getting angry about.  At least, that’s how I see it.

            I am not even going to pretend to understand what direction this conversation has turned.

            I asked a simple question about doing good things for bullshit reasons and now these rantings are about as meaningfull to me as the garbled speach of your average bag lady

            And you sir Sandeep I probably should respect you like Bob does...But I don't probably because I have no Idea who you are....But you seem to be full of answers and the rest of us should all nbow down to your greatness... But I don't think so you spew ego laden rants that from a position of superiority.  Now I have been biting my tonque with you for the past two years, to be polite but I have had you are offensive, combative and easily offended, And I am tired of you you are tedious at best!  You also keep mentioning the war in Afghanistn in a round about way You got something you want to say to me come out and say! I've heard it all before.

[...]

            ..... believing that nothing has to be done........ as the causal requirement. ..... for what-is-already- the-case to be reached.

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010
              sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

              > I am not even going to pretend to understand what direction this conversation has turned.I asked a simple question about doing good things for bullshit reasons and now these rantings are about as meaningfull to me as the garbled speach of your average bag ladyAnd you sir Sandeep I probably should respect you like Bob does...But I don't probably because I have no Idea who you are....But you seem to be full of answers and the rest of us should all nbow down to your greatness...But I don't think so you spew ego laden rants that from a position of superiority.  Now I have been biting my tonque with you for the past two years, to be polite but I have had you are offensive, combative and easily offended, And I am tired of you you are tedious at best!  You also keep mentioning the war in Afghanistn in a round about way You got something you want to say to me come out and say! I've heard it all before.Bob I'm sorry about this you have been very supportive over
              > the past few years, and I appreciate all you have done for me.  But I am not going to bow wide eyed like an school girl just because a guy has a reputation for have cows follow him. I'm fuckin done with this shit thank you

              Yo Sean,
              Semi-interesting reaction to Sandeep. I have always
              seen him as "not there". By that I mean he has no
              attachment to name, fame, game, and just presents
              his presents, which come in the form of reminders
              (using reminders to refer to "hey - look at what
              your mind is chattering about"). And for me, he does
              it very well. To me where he is coming from is in the
              non-dual, Advaita, Vedanta and Jhana Yoga traditions,
              and it is said that only 1 seeker in 1,000 will find
              these concepts ones they are comfortable with. No big
              deal about him or the way he presents things. It's not
              a good or bad thing - it's just his way of expressing
              the inexpressible. I think Papajeff is one of the
              most eloquent writers around, and in a very different
              styling, so is Sandeep. If their words don't bring you
              peace, they are no good for you. If they do, they are.
              I'm just pleased they both share so freely. As for you,
              I think you will be amazingly successful when you write
              your book because you reek of passion and your life
              has been extra-ordinary. You're for sure "the real deal".

            • Aideen Mckenna
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 17, 2010

                Thanks, Bob, for letting us know more about Sandeep.  And thanks for nudging Sean about the book he needs to write – because I, for one, need to read it.

                Aideen

                > I am not even going to pretend to understand what direction this
                conversation has turned.I asked a simple question about doing good things for bullshit reasons and now these rantings are about as meaningfull to me as the garbled speach of your average bag ladyAnd you sir Sandeep I probably should respect you like Bob does...But I don't probably because I have no Idea who you are....But you seem to be full of answers and the rest of us should all nbow down to your greatness... But I don't think so you spew ego laden rants that from a position of superiority.  Now I have been biting my tonque with you for the past two years, to be polite but I have had you are offensive, combative and easily offended, And I am tired of you you are tedious at best!  You also keep mentioning the war in Afghanistn in a round about way You got something you want to say to me come out and say! I've heard it all before.Bob I'm sorry about this you have been very supportive over
                > the past few years, and I appreciate all you have done for me.  But
                I am not going to bow wide eyed like an school girl just because a guy has a reputation for have cows follow him. I'm fuckin done with this shit thank you

                Yo Sean,
                Semi-interesting reaction to Sandeep. I have always
                seen him as "not there". By that I mean he has no
                attachment to name, fame, game, and just presents
                his presents, which come in the form of reminders
                (using reminders to refer to "hey - look at what
                your mind is chattering about"). And for me, he does
                it very well. To me where he is coming from is in the
                non-dual, Advaita, Vedanta and Jhana Yoga traditions,
                and it is said that only 1 seeker in 1,000 will find
                these concepts ones they are comfortable with. No big
                deal about him or the way he presents things. It's not
                a good or bad thing - it's just his way of expressing
                the inexpressible. I think Papajeff is one of the
                most eloquent writers around, and in a very different
                styling, so is Sandeep. If their words don't bring you
                peace, they are no good for you. If they do, they are.
                I'm just pleased they both share so freely. As for you,
                I think you will be amazingly successful when you write
                your book because you reek of passion and your life
                has been extra-ordinary. You're for sure "the real deal".

                w:st="on">America ] Cause and Effect and On-line Strategies

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 18, 2010
                  "Aideen Mckenna" <aideenmck@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks, Bob, for letting us know more about Sandeep. And thanks for nudging
                  > Sean about the book he needs to write – because I, for one, need to read it.
                  >
                  > Aideen

                  Yo Aideen,
                  Yeah, Sean can do some writing! And his real-life
                  adventures are so unique and different there's no
                  doubt he'll be a sensation when he begins to
                  share his experiences in a venue that brings a larger
                  audience to his unique persona. He'll do something some
                  day that has this come about and I hope it's sooner than later.