A re-post from the ranch list

  • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      Thank you for this Brian, excellent essay from Moller.

      Much depends on the nature and inclination of the investigation. If it
      is purposed towards some final goal or pre-determined notion of
      reality (non-duality), then the ego is indeed just continuing with
      its play of
      self-deception and thereby strengthening itself.

      ****** Yes, like I said, forget about any "prize". And this there is
      the problem with all the gurus and teachers "hawking"
      their "wunnerful" "color brochures" of "spirituality". They're doing
      a tremendous dis-service. Like Jed McKenna said, who in their right
      mind wouldn't want all the shit that they're "hawking". In effect
      all they're doing is touting their own infatuations.

      By turning the ego back on itself, as it were, the ego has nowhere to
      go. Once it becomes clear, through simple self-observation, that the
      ego is not just one single thought or even a `thing', but instead an
      ongoing process of thought projection, this process itself becomes a
      very interesting phenomenon to investigate. Observing this process in
      action, seeing its results, living with its consequences, suffering
      its very existence from moment to moment, such clarity will reveal
      that it
      is this very process which is the `doing' we are warned not to engage
      in.

      ********** Yes, as I've also said, it's a "turn back on yourself",
      without any "stake in the game", other than for the simple purpose of
      observation/understanding. Hence, "what am I doing?" And shortly it
      will become very clear to you what you are doing, you are "creating"
      yourself moment to moment, and that's all separate identity amounts
      to. It's all in essence, nothing but "suffering".

      The clarity of vision is sufficient unto itself to do the work.
      Clarity itself becomes the `base' from which we begin to feel our way
      into a life less burdened by the contracted self-sense. Clarity is not
      just pure vision. It brings with it the sword of real discriminatory
      Intelligence which functions totally free from the conditioned thought
      which has enslaved us for so many thousands of years.

      **************** Yes, the "base" becomes "intelligence" itself. It's
      a tremendous sword.

      And it is this natural clarity and Intelligence which progressively
      reveal the non-dual nature of all present arising and which alone has
      the power to bring the contracted self-state to its natural and
      unforced dissolution.

      ******** Perfectly stated. It's a dissolution, not an "addition to".

      Thank you again Brian,
      Judi