Re: Ahimsa (from our web site, Meditation Station)

  • Papajeff
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 27, 2010

      lifestyle from the witness
      perspective and the effortless
      kindness and compassion of
      Ahimsa that flows from the
      heart (of the witness -
      which is ultimately our
      true identity).

      Jeff

> [...]
      > of passive and active characteristic (Tamas/Rajas),
      > which is known by a "gut feeling", intuitively,
      > the meditator changes them spontaneously, effortlessly,
      > into righteous events (Sattva). This is Self-control.
      > How to do this? By witnessing your life as it
      > takes place. Your breath is always present while
      > there is life. By placing your attention on your
      > breath, you are here, now, present, and can Witness
      > your life as it takes place.
      >
      > Several times during the day, remind your self
      > to Witness your breath. Do this in as many ways
      > as you can. When you first get up, give yourself
      > a mental direction to stop every hour on the hour
      > and refocus on your breath, and on your silent
      > inner Witness. If you see yourself doing anything
      > that is contrary to Ahimsa, redirect your actions
      > to Sattvic ones. So, if you see yourself mentally
      > cursing out your boss, for instance, change that
      > into a prayer for the well being of all who live.
      > This is just an example. You can also remind
      > yourself by leaving post-it notes to yourself
      > around your house or job site that just say
      > "Witness" or "Breathe" on them.
      >
      > While you're at work, call yourself on your home
      > phone and leave a message on your answering machine
      > that will serve as a reminder when you get home
      > from work and check your messages. Be creative,
      > devise a game plan. Find ways that you can remind
      > yourself more and more often to be aware of your
      > breathe, Witnessing, and the principle of Ahimsa.
      > Eventually, you will Witness your life as it takes
      > place, and the replacing of negative actions with
      > righteous ones will become an automatic part of
      > your life, and you will never again have to even
      > ponder what Ahimsa is about. You will be living
      > it. Then, a state of transcendence of all Gunas
      > (Tamasic, Rajasic, and Sattvic actions) occurs.
      > The meditator then abides in life without reference
      > or reaction to the illusion of singular identification,
      > and the unity with the ever present, infinite
      > underlying essence of all creation, and all activity
      > is realized. This event of all events can only be
      > known experientially, not emotionally, physically,
      > or intellectually. It is a gift of Grace only, and
      > not as a result of meditation, or by going through
      > your pain, or by bliss-full visions, and so on.
      > Meditation clears the pathway of all that obstructs
      > the vision of the Witness.
      >
      > So... breathe, Witness, and when you witness Tamas
      > or Rajas in your actions, or the actions going on
      > around you, change them into Sattva by acting or
      > refraining from actionÂ…whatever is appropriate. But,
      > be sure to apply the kindness that is one and the
      > same in Ahimsa to yourself, as well as to others.
      > Be gentle when you see something negative in your
      > actions, words, or thoughts. Just say "Oh well" to
      > yourself and go on with the process of changing
      > negativity to loving positivity. And this will be
      > true Ahimsa, and that will be when you start living

    • James
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2010
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Papajeff" <jeff@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        > > not as a result of meditation, or by going through
        > > your pain, or by bliss-full visions, and so on.
        > > Meditation clears the pathway of all that obstructs
        > > the vision of the Witness.
        > >
        > > So... breathe, Witness, and when you witness Tamas
        > > or Rajas in your actions, or the actions going on
        > > around you, change them into Sattva by acting or
        > > refraining from actionÂ…whatever is appropriate. But,
        > > be sure to apply the kindness that is one and the
        > > same in Ahimsa to yourself, as well as to others.
        > > Be gentle when you see something negative in your
        > > actions, words, or thoughts. Just say "Oh well" to
        > > yourself and go on with the process of changing
        > > negativity to loving positivity. And this will be
        > > true Ahimsa, and that will be when you start living
        > > happily ever after.
        > >
        >Hi everyone, i seem to be having a problem with finding ahimsa site, i
        found it by clicking on somewhere on the home page but cant remember
        where it was, i thought it was links, it wasnt there, i like reading
        about ahimsa non violence, there was a list of things i could choose
        from , cant find that site, help.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 29, 2010
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "James" <teechrlady@...> wrote:

          large snip
          > >Hi everyone, i seem to be having a problem with finding ahimsa site, i
          > found it by clicking on somewhere on the home page but cant remember
          > where it was, i thought it was links, it wasnt there, i like reading
          > about ahimsa non violence, there was a list of things i could choose
          > from , cant find that site, help.

          Here's the URL for Meditation Station:
          http://www.meditationsociety.com/
          From there you can check out the Archive section
          (where you will find the Ahimsa technique and many
          others) You may also find some interesting articles
          in the Concepts of Meditation section.
          Enjoy!