Re: Watch and Understand

  • jderosa54
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2010

      > How can a troubled mind
      > understand the way?
      > If a man is disturbed
      > he will never be filled
      > with knowledge.
      >
      > An untroubled mind,
      > no longer seeking to consider
      > what is right and what is wrong,
      > a mind beyond judgements,
      > watches and understands.
      >
      > Gautama Buddha
      >i like it, what would you say about people you hate or think about because of the way they live in other words if i do something in a certain way they have to do the way and in the same fashion i hate that.
    • Maryclare DE ROSA
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 20, 2010
        Hey new here just trying to connect with other people first to see if im doing it right.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2010
          Maryclare DE ROSA <teechrlady@...> wrote:

          > Hey new here just trying to connect with
          other people first to see if im doing it right.

          Yo Maryclare,
          I think, to paraphrase St. Bubba,
          "That would depend on what 'IT'" is"!
          Anyway, yes, you have succeeded in posting, and I
          hope this ability will soon be able to have any
          of your ???'s become !!!'s. Welcome!
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2010
            > "jderosa54" <teechrlady@...> wrote:
            > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >
            > > How can a troubled mind
            > > understand the way?
            > > If a man is disturbed
            > > he will never be filled
            > > with knowledge.
            > >
            > > An untroubled mind,
            > > no longer seeking to consider
            > > what is right and what is wrong,
            > > a mind beyond judgements,
            > > watches and understands.
            > >
            > > Gautama Buddha

            > i like it, what would you say about people
            > you hate or think about because of the way they live
            > in other words if i do something in a certain way
            > they have to do the way and in the same fashion
            > i hate that.

            Hello!
            One thing meditation gives us is the ability to
            witness the thoughts that take our peace away and
            replace then with quietude or thoughts that bring
            us peace. No need to waste energy thinking about
            people you hate no matter how they judge what you do.
            If you witness yourself being negative, your reaction
            could be to forgive those who know not what they do.
            Similarly, forgive yourself for letting your mind run
            wild and take you into a suffering state. Refocus on
            the calming, pleasant, holy, bliss-full and whatever
            other adjectives and adverbs describe things and thoughts
            that merge you with serenity. And if you need any help,
            go to the people, places and things that help you. This
            forum is aimed at being all of That. Welcome!
          • James
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2010

              > > "jderosa54" <teechrlady@> wrote:
              > > > medit8ionsociety <no_reply@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > How can a troubled mind
              > > > understand the way?
              > > > If a man is disturbed
              > > > he will never be filled
              > > > with knowledge.
              > > >
              > > > An untroubled mind,
              > > > no longer seeking to consider
              > > > what is right and what is wrong,
              > > > a mind beyond judgements,
              > > > watches and understands.
              > > >
              > > > Gautama Buddha
              >
              > > i like it, what would you say about people
              > > you hate or think about because of the way they live
              > > in other words if i do something in a certain way
              > > they have to do the way and in the same fashion
              > > i hate that.
              > >
              > Hello!
              > One thing meditation gives us is the ability to
              > witness the thoughts that take our peace away and
              > replace then with quietude or thoughts that bring
              > us peace. No need to waste energy thinking about
              > people you hate no matter how they judge what you do.
              > If you witness yourself being negative, your reaction
              > could be to forgive those who know not what they do.
              > Similarly, forgive yourself for letting your mind run
              > wild and take you into a suffering state. Refocus on
              > the calming, pleasant, holy, bliss-full and whatever
              > other adjectives and adverbs describe things and thoughts
              > that merge you with serenity. And if you need any help,
              > go to the people, places and things that help you. This
              > forum is aimed at being all of That. Welcome!
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob

              Hey BoB, thanks, your words are very good and i like what you say, ive been only three days with this meditation gift and i find it fascinating, joyful, and peaceful , i will continue reading and learning from you and others and i thank you!