Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Jan 11, 2010
      Don't Run After Anything

      "Don't run after anything. Be content. A contented
      man is a king of kings; a contented woman is the
      queen of queens. She is the empress, because she
      never wants anything. Who is the real king? Who is
      the real queen? The one who never wants anything.
      Even an emperor, if he wants to conquer another
      country, still wants something. You are bound by
      your possessions; the fewer possessions, the freer
      you are. When you have no possessions, you just
      fly high in the air, as light as possible. Every
      desire is an anchor that pulls you down.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda