Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Jan 1, 2010
      A Yogic New Year's Goal

      "The real way to celebrate the happy New Year
      is not to run after happiness outside of yourself.
      Try to find that hiding happiness within you.
      If you don't have happiness in you, you won't
      find happiness anywhere outside. Essentially we
      are all happy, we are all joyful, we are all
      peaceful. Nobody and nothing can make you happy.
      Whether new year or old year or good year or bad
      year, don't blame the year for that. It is up to
      you to enjoy your own happiness or to run after
      the borrowed happiness, temporary happiness. So
      may this New Year make you realize your own happiness
      and to celebrate not only the New Year, celebrate
      new minutes. Every minute is new. And the easiest
      way to find happiness is to put yourself in the
      hands of the Almighty, the supreme God. Whatever
      you do, do it in the name of God. Let that be your
      New Year's goal. May God help you to achieve that.
      Thank you, and God bless you.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23 7:52 AM
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)