Proof of (beyond the) mind over matter?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2009
      Superman to the Rescue!!!
      Hats of to this hero!

      RIGHT NOW:
      Working for You: Today's Jobs
      Ottawa Man Becomes 'Superman' to Save Young Girl's Life

      Tess Koppelman, edited by Jason Vaughn

      December 18, 2009
      OTTAWA, KAN. - An Ottawa, Kansas, man may not be
      faster than a speeding bullet or more powerful
      than a locomotive. But to one little girl, Nick
      Harris is 'Superman' after he leaped into action
      with what can only be described as 'superpowers'
      to save her life after she became trapped under a car.

      "He really is Superman," Kristen Hough, the
      child's mother, said of Harris, the man she said
      saved her daughter, Ashlyn.

      Ashlyn, 6, says that she was walking down her
      street on her way to school when someone backed
      out of their driveway and hit her, pushing her
      out into the street and rolling on top of her.

      Harris, 32 who was in his car at that moment after
      dropping his own daughter off at school, happened
      to see Ashlyn get hit. So he jumped out of his car
      and ran over to help.

      When he got to the child, the 5-foot-7, 185-pound
      Harris suddenly became Superman, lifting the
      Mercury sedan off the child.

      "I just seen a child get hit, pushed into the
      street and rolled underneath the car," said Harris.
      "I grabbed the car, picked it up and pushed and
      moved it out of the way."

      Harris says that he still isn't quite sure how he did it.

      "I've tried four or five times since then, (and)
      I can't do it, it's impossible," said Harris.
      "Christmas miracle, I guess."

      "I didn't witness the Superman heroic events of
      Nick, but I heard all about it and I'm so glad he
      was there at the right time," said Hough. She says
      that her daughter has some scrapes and bruises and
      road rash, but otherwise she's fine.

      "I didn't even break a bone," said Ashlyn with a smile.

      "I was amazed because I was expecting her to be
      in a half-cast, the car was laying on her hips,"
      said Harris. "I was just at the right place at
      the right time."

      The driver of the car has not been ticketed, but
      Ashlyn's mom just hopes that people will remember
      her daughter's story when they climb behind the wheel.

      "I'm hoping with all of this, people will just
      look twice for kids," said Hough. "She shouldn't
      be here and be walking. She really is my
      Christmas miracle."
      This site contains copyrighted material the
      use of which has not always been specifically
      authorized by the copyright owner. We are
      making such material available in our efforts
      to advance understanding of environmental,
      scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
      etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
      for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
      the material on this site is distributed
      without profit to those who have expressed a
      prior interest in receiving the included information
      for research and educational purposes. For more
      information go to:
      site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use',
      you must obtain permission from the copyright owner