Re: God in Everyone

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
      Very beautifully written Papajeff. We have a picture
      of Krishna at our house where he's playing his flute
      to an adoring female. There's also a field where there
      are dozens of cows, several people, animals, and
      many different trees, plants, rocks, etc. Each thing
      has a handprint of Krishna at its center. This ancient
      and common realization is an (3rd) eye opening event.
      From there, one has the potential to recognize the unity
      of all things big and small and recognize the "hand"
      within all sub-atomic particles, atoms, molecules, cells,
      organs and other masses, bodies, all life on Earth, Earth
      itself, the Sun, the solar system and all its parts,
      the Galaxy, the Galactic cluster, the Universe, and in
      all Universes. In our classes, we teach the Big Buddha,
      Little Buddha meditation wherein one sees their deity
      (not necessarily Buddha or any specific person - it can
      just be a holy energy) in all things from the sub atomic
      on up to multi-universes. Of course as this begins to happen
      on its own without any inner chatter (when the directed
      concentration flows into meditation), there is no-one
      there to say "This is happening to me" or "oh-wow!", or
      "this is enlightenment", or anything similar. And as soon
      as that inner chatter returns, so does duality and the
      ego that thinks it is separate from the rest of all the
      atoms and universes. But often the experience itself is
      (happily) ever after life changing. A sort of spiritual
      "trap" is that this is so intoxicating an event that one
      rehashes it in the mind over and over and instead of
      seeking it again (or more accurately letting it happen),
      a plateau is reached and that's where the evolution
      stops. Somewhere right this Now there is a teenager
      taking a drug that has lead to similar experiences. S/he
      may flow into this "unified field" and actually know
      first hand what the mystics have made music about on
      their flutes for thousands of years, but they won't have
      a sustained divine being-ness and will most often
      just forget about "IT". Meditation practice is an
      ongoing and ever evolving flow and when someone who
      has had transcendent experiences shares them with us,
      it is a gift from above....and from within... and we
      are blessed when this happens. But, for most teenagers,
      even ones who have seen the universal unity, a new xbox
      game that just came out is more important. And age is
      just a number, so many meditators are still just
      teenagers spiritually who may never become adults in
      any way but physically. Meditation is the best mechinism
      for growth of consciousness and must take place in the
      present, and that is not just a rehashing of what has
      happened or a drug effect. A flute's beautiful message can
      only be sounded now. And if not actively used, the flute
      will rust and the notes will not be divinely sweet.
      Thanks again Papajeff for sharing this reminder to
      actually meditate and that this, shall we say, opens
      the ears to be able to hear the ever flowing celestial
      harmonies that divine flutes are playihg.

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
        Small Universe that it is, today's Swami
        Sivananda Day-to-Day sharing is perfectly
        in tune with this discussion:

        CHEERING DROOPING HEARTS: The Master was once cheering the
        drooping hearts of some of his disciples.

        "Never mind whether Self-realisation comes or not. Put forth
        every effort at attaining ethical improvement to render
        yourself perfect for the service of man. See God in man.
        Look upon man as God. If your concept of God includes the
        idea that He is all-pervading and omnipresent, then why
        can't you see Him in all beings and creatures? What makes
        you hesitate in translating your belief into action? You
        will have to leave off all such notions that He is available
        only behind locked doors and closed eyes. First feel His
        loving Presence in everyone, in everything that you see and
        serve, then see whether or not He shines of His own accord
        in the chambers of your heart. When the heart is not yet
        free of all impurities and the lower nature rid of its
        dross, how can spiritual experience come to you? Until you
        have rendered your nature perfect, is it possible to realise
        the truth of a Being who is the very essence of perfection?

        "First root out your egoism, anger, hatred, greed and pride
        by means of sincere selfless service. Even if you manage to
        do some little good to ten human beings, if you succeed in
        destroying one evil trait and developing fully a single
        noble virtue, feel certain that your life has not been lived
        in vain. That is more than what ten people in a million ever
        achieve. What if you do not have Samadhi and God-vision?

        "Cheer up yourselves! Apply your heart and soul to this
        work. I guarantee that you will feel blessed and happy. Feel
        not dissatisfied with your lot or be downcast about your
        progress. Act up to my word. Have I no thought of your
        spiritual welfare? Why, if you would only know, you will see
        that day and night, every moment my heart is fluttering with
        concern for your well-being."

        "Do not attempt to run away from surroundings that are not
        to your liking. God has placed you there to make you grow
        quickly. If you get all your desired comforts in a
        particular place you will not grow strong. So never complain
        about unfavourable surroundings. Triumph over all
        difficulties." - Swami Sivananda

        medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > it is a gift from above....and from within... and we
        > are blessed when this happens. But, for most teenagers,
        > even ones who have seen the universal unity, a new xbox
        > game that just came out is more important. And age is
        > just a number, so many meditators are still just
        > teenagers spiritually who may never become adults in
        > any way but physically. Meditation is the best mechinism
        > for growth of consciousness and must take place in the
        > present, and that is not just a rehashing of what has
        > happened or a drug effect. A flute's beautiful message can
        > only be sounded now. And if not actively used, the flute
        > will rust and the notes will not be divinely sweet.
        > Thanks again Papajeff for sharing this reminder to
        > actually meditate and that this, shall we say, opens
        > the ears to be able to hear the ever flowing celestial
        > harmonies that divine flutes are playihg.

      • surendra kumar
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2009

          Have you rememberence of yor relation with Almighty ? I would like to inform you that you had very closed relation with exitance but unfortunetly you forgets all the relations and experiences. Do you know that why you visited this planet ? If you are interesting to know about  your self , your real life and your spritual world. please join me by orkut.com/swamisurendranandsaraswati.

          http://www.dlshq. org/cgi-bin/ dada/mail. cgi