Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Dec 12, 2009
      Finding Eternal Happiness
      "The goal of human life is to find eternal
      happiness and supreme peace. Invariably,
      everyone is seeking to have this permanent
      joy. All the great sages, saints and prophets
      who have realized this peace and joy have
      told us that the moment you keep your mind
      calm and serene, you can enjoy supreme happiness.
      Our effort in the name of religion, Yoga or
      any spiritual practice should be toward achieving
      this peace and calmness of mind. A restless mind
      is an impure mind; an impure mind is a restless
      mind. If we could keep the mind clean, it will
      find its calmness. `Cleanliness is next to
      Godliness.' Why? Because only a clean mind can
      be calm, and only a calm mind can reveal true happiness.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.YogaAndPeace.org
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24 4:21 PM
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda