God in Everyone

  • Papajeff
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2009

      years ago, I fall in Love with
      everyone I meet, because...

      I see God in them.

      This ranks among the supreme
      benefits of meditation's gift.

      One Love,

      Jeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
        Very beautifully written Papajeff. We have a picture
        of Krishna at our house where he's playing his flute
        to an adoring female. There's also a field where there
        are dozens of cows, several people, animals, and
        many different trees, plants, rocks, etc. Each thing
        has a handprint of Krishna at its center. This ancient
        and common realization is an (3rd) eye opening event.
        From there, one has the potential to recognize the unity
        of all things big and small and recognize the "hand"
        within all sub-atomic particles, atoms, molecules, cells,
        organs and other masses, bodies, all life on Earth, Earth
        itself, the Sun, the solar system and all its parts,
        the Galaxy, the Galactic cluster, the Universe, and in
        all Universes. In our classes, we teach the Big Buddha,
        Little Buddha meditation wherein one sees their deity
        (not necessarily Buddha or any specific person - it can
        just be a holy energy) in all things from the sub atomic
        on up to multi-universes. Of course as this begins to happen
        on its own without any inner chatter (when the directed
        concentration flows into meditation), there is no-one
        there to say "This is happening to me" or "oh-wow!", or
        "this is enlightenment", or anything similar. And as soon
        as that inner chatter returns, so does duality and the
        ego that thinks it is separate from the rest of all the
        atoms and universes. But often the experience itself is
        (happily) ever after life changing. A sort of spiritual
        "trap" is that this is so intoxicating an event that one
        rehashes it in the mind over and over and instead of
        seeking it again (or more accurately letting it happen),
        a plateau is reached and that's where the evolution
        stops. Somewhere right this Now there is a teenager
        taking a drug that has lead to similar experiences. S/he
        may flow into this "unified field" and actually know
        first hand what the mystics have made music about on
        their flutes for thousands of years, but they won't have
        a sustained divine being-ness and will most often
        just forget about "IT". Meditation practice is an
        ongoing and ever evolving flow and when someone who
        has had transcendent experiences shares them with us,
        it is a gift from above....and from within... and we
        are blessed when this happens. But, for most teenagers,
        even ones who have seen the universal unity, a new xbox
        game that just came out is more important. And age is
        just a number, so many meditators are still just
        teenagers spiritually who may never become adults in
        any way but physically. Meditation is the best mechinism
        for growth of consciousness and must take place in the
        present, and that is not just a rehashing of what has
        happened or a drug effect. A flute's beautiful message can
        only be sounded now. And if not actively used, the flute
        will rust and the notes will not be divinely sweet.
        Thanks again Papajeff for sharing this reminder to
        actually meditate and that this, shall we say, opens
        the ears to be able to hear the ever flowing celestial
        harmonies that divine flutes are playihg.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009
          Small Universe that it is, today's Swami
          Sivananda Day-to-Day sharing is perfectly
          in tune with this discussion:

          CHEERING DROOPING HEARTS: The Master was once cheering the
          drooping hearts of some of his disciples.

          "Never mind whether Self-realisation comes or not. Put forth
          every effort at attaining ethical improvement to render
          yourself perfect for the service of man. See God in man.
          Look upon man as God. If your concept of God includes the
          idea that He is all-pervading and omnipresent, then why
          can't you see Him in all beings and creatures? What makes
          you hesitate in translating your belief into action? You
          will have to leave off all such notions that He is available
          only behind locked doors and closed eyes. First feel His
          loving Presence in everyone, in everything that you see and
          serve, then see whether or not He shines of His own accord
          in the chambers of your heart. When the heart is not yet
          free of all impurities and the lower nature rid of its
          dross, how can spiritual experience come to you? Until you
          have rendered your nature perfect, is it possible to realise
          the truth of a Being who is the very essence of perfection?

          "First root out your egoism, anger, hatred, greed and pride
          by means of sincere selfless service. Even if you manage to
          do some little good to ten human beings, if you succeed in
          destroying one evil trait and developing fully a single
          noble virtue, feel certain that your life has not been lived
          in vain. That is more than what ten people in a million ever
          achieve. What if you do not have Samadhi and God-vision?

          "Cheer up yourselves! Apply your heart and soul to this
          work. I guarantee that you will feel blessed and happy. Feel
          not dissatisfied with your lot or be downcast about your
          progress. Act up to my word. Have I no thought of your
          spiritual welfare? Why, if you would only know, you will see
          that day and night, every moment my heart is fluttering with
          concern for your well-being."

          "Do not attempt to run away from surroundings that are not
          to your liking. God has placed you there to make you grow
          quickly. If you get all your desired comforts in a
          particular place you will not grow strong. So never complain
          about unfavourable surroundings. Triumph over all
          difficulties." - Swami Sivananda

          medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > it is a gift from above....and from within... and we
          > are blessed when this happens. But, for most teenagers,
          > even ones who have seen the universal unity, a new xbox
          > game that just came out is more important. And age is
          > just a number, so many meditators are still just
          > teenagers spiritually who may never become adults in
          > any way but physically. Meditation is the best mechinism
          > for growth of consciousness and must take place in the
          > present, and that is not just a rehashing of what has
          > happened or a drug effect. A flute's beautiful message can
          > only be sounded now. And if not actively used, the flute
          > will rust and the notes will not be divinely sweet.
          > Thanks again Papajeff for sharing this reminder to
          > actually meditate and that this, shall we say, opens
          > the ears to be able to hear the ever flowing celestial
          > harmonies that divine flutes are playihg.

        • surendra kumar
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2009

            Have you rememberence of yor relation with Almighty ? I would like to inform you that you had very closed relation with exitance but unfortunetly you forgets all the relations and experiences. Do you know that why you visited this planet ? If you are interesting to know about  your self , your real life and your spritual world. please join me by orkut.com/swamisurendranandsaraswati.

            http://www.dlshq. org/cgi-bin/ dada/mail. cgi