Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Dec 5, 2009
      When You Lose Yourself, You Will Gain More

      "When you lose yourself, you don't lose anything;
      in fact, you will gain more. When you really detach
      yourself, you become a nice channel, a good
      instrument. So many good things might happen
      through you, if you become desireless, detached,
      and ever ready to serve, because it's only personal
      desire that thickens the ego. I always say that,
      if you want to know how heavy your ego is, take a
      large sheet of paper and a pencil and write down
      everything that you call your own: my wife, my
      children, my body, my intellect. If you have nothing
      to write as your own, then you are light, completely
      weightless; you can lift up and fly. It is the weight
      of that 'mine' that binds you, pins you to the ground.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
      New web site where Swami answers questions:
      http://asktheswami.com/
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda