Be Gentle With Your Self

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
      There is a common phase meditators go through,
      and that is that when the light of
      introspection is pointed to the subconscious,
      the dark negative stuff there is revealed, and
      the beginner meditator is often horrified at
      what they see...or at least embarrassed in front
      of their own inner eyes. It can be very upsetting
      when you see how foolish/selfish/mean/etc. we
      have been acting and a very common result is
      a negative self image. Sometimes forgiving ourselves
      is much harder to do than forgiving others.

      Please be quick to forgive yourself your
      transgressions/sins/stupidity/etc. There is
      no need to suffer further from your negative
      habits, and you need now only be positive. Your
      karma has and will work itself out as it may, but
      it is squandering good energy after bad to be
      down on yourself, or sad about what you
      have seen. Love yourself. Feel and know that you
      have simply learned a lesson and the most positive
      thing you have learned is to not repeat the negative. Sulking/depression/etc. is furthering the problem.
      Be gentle with everyone, starting with yourself.
      You now are purged of all that was wrong and can
      now start to function free of the obstacles that
      your inappropriate actions caused. It is time to live
      happily ever after.
    • Aideen Mckenna
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009

        Thanks.  I needed that.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
          I want to add my thanks for this group and the gentle replies

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 4 Dec 2009, at 05:10, "Aideen Mckenna" <aideenmck@...> wrote:

          Thanks.  I needed that.