new to meditation.

  • hitedevin88
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2009
      actually VERY new i plan on starting tomorrow.

      i need some advice/help.

      is it better to listen to relaxing music? my household is kindof eratic.

      i am 20 years old. have anxiety.

      i would like some advice. what to wear. good books to read. good music to listen to.

      just some help.

      by the way, my name is devin.
      pleasure to meet everyone.
    • Sandeep
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 27, 2009

        Yoo hoo Devin.

        Greetings

        hitedevin88 wrote:

        actually VERY new i plan on starting tomorrow.

        -----

        Why not this very moment, as these squiggly signs on a PC screen are getting read?

        Tomorrow does not exist.

        Whenever you will meet tomorrow........... it will only be now.

        Even the recall of the past .......is in the now.........is the now.

        ---------

        i need some advice/help.

        ------
        OK.

        Run from all advisers and helpers.

        -------

        is it better to listen to relaxing music? my household is kindof eratic.

        --------

        Neither listening to music (rap or trance or lullabies) is better.

        Nor refraining from listening to music is better.

        The erratic-ness of your surrounding is the best.

        ----------

        i am 20 years old. have anxiety.

        --------

        About what?

        Remember .........today is your yesterday's worst fears of what tomorrow will look like.

        ------

        i would like some advice. what to wear.

        -------

        Preferably totally naked.

        Both physically and mentally.

        If that is an issue........loose wrappings which do not cling.......physically or mentally.

        ------

        good books to read.

        --------

        Why clutter?

        ------

        good music to listen to.

        ----------

        You may find something to your liking at:

        http://www.the-covenant.net/t-s-h-Cont.htm

        While you are it, you can start with the beginning (which is the very end) at:

        http://www.the-covenant.net.

        I get 5 cents(US) for every new visitor to the site.

        Unfortunately the thieving bums never placed a counter at the site.

        ---------

        just some help.

        by the way, my name is devin.
        pleasure to meet everyone.

        Hi Devin.

        Welcome.

        Have fun.

        And be C&L (Cool and loose)

      • Devin Hite
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2009
          well then now. i plan on starting now. not right now since its 2am, but now in a few hours.

          and do you suggest listening to music? to help clear the mind? or relax me?

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2009
            Well music can be a distraction.

            Best is to sit comfortable, close your eyes and relax and just allow meditation to occur. Just follow your breath in and out.

            Many folks worry over much about doing it some right way, just do it, all will come clear from the doing of it.