Re: [Meditation Society of America] Buddhist Meditation Rift

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2009
      sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > Question:
      > Is there a wrong way to meditate?

      Yo Sean,
      What a great Zen-type question/answer/statement!
      In this case, lets say that your question is an apple
      and this situation is one of oranges. If your mind is
      full of junk quality chatter, can pure silence fill it?
      If you are praying to a devil, can anything holy
      arise? In your new incarnation, can a great meal be
      made from spoiled ingredients? So, perhaps a similar
      perspective applies to this Mahayana Buddhist smackdown.

    • Jeremy King
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2009
        Dear Bob and group,

        I looked at this site for you and here are a few findings
        that may assist you in your curiosity of this site:

        madhyamaka.org has a Google Page Rank of 4
        (meditationsociety.com also holds a PR of 4)

        The site has an record since January 2000:

        Domain registration information:
        Created On:04-Jan-2000 14:13:03 UTC
        Last Updated On:13-Dec-2007 13:01:36 UTC
        Registrant Name:Ben Lawrence
        Registrant Organization:Madhyamaka Buddhist Centre
        Registrant Street1:Kilnwick Percy Hall
        Registrant Street2:Pocklington
        Registrant Street3:
        Registrant City:York
        Registrant State/Province:EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE
        Registrant Postal Code:YO42 1UF
        Registrant Country:GB
        Registrant Phone:+44.1759304832

        Although they do not appear to receive
        as much "monthly traffic flow" as your website,
        they do appear to be receiving visitors.

        If you would like any additional research info,
        please let me know and I'll see what I can find
        for you!

        Currently, I have a website that is still in construction
        mode, but is partially open to public:
        http://www.silvercordcafe.com

        We would welcome any information (articles, videos,
        audios, other) that people would like to share and
        have published.

        Again, if you have any questions, please let me know.

        Thanks,

        Jeremy

        *by the way, I appreciate all of the information that
        comes through every week since joining this group ;)

      • Papajeff
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2009
          That's great, Sean! I burst
          out laughing when I read