Buddhist Meditation Rift

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2009
      We received an email today about a Buddhist Meditation
      Centre in England that said it "is authorative (as it
      put it in bold letters)and 10 years old.
      We have been running for 25 years and are one of
      the longest running Buddhist Meditation Retreat
      Centres in the UK.

      We would like to be included in the links section of
      your website and we would be willing to pay for the
      listing."
      Here is their URL:
      http://www.madhyamaka.org/

      Having never heard of them before, I Googled and
      found from the below listed URL of a BBC report
      that there is a dispute with the Dalai Lama about
      their authenticity.
      The URL of the BBC report (which I have no way of
      knowing is "real" and if real, is factual), is:
      http://tinyurl.com/yk3x3pw

      So, because I don't know what will happen relative
      to it being placed on our links list*, I do think I
      should let you know about them as I have great good
      feelings about the Dalai Lama, who has been kind enough
      to support the Meditation Society of America and
      blessed us by being a contributor to our newsletter,
      The Inner Traveler, and the strong feelings the BBC
      article indicates he has about the "New Kadampa Tradition".

      In any event, I do find it interesting in a way
      similar to when we see one religion saying that another
      one is worshiping the Devil and the other claiming
      they are actually worshiping God. In any event, I think
      that beyond being interesting, I should alert you to
      what I certainly don't definitively know would be a
      beneficial or non-beneficial meditation practice that you
      may consider getting involved with at one time,
      in your times.

      * PS: We always refuse being paid for adding links to
      our site. I usually just forward the dozens of requests
      we receive every week to our web-master, who usually
      only adds one or two a year to our Links section of
      Meditation Station. That's why we have the least amount
      of links of any other similar Meditation site, even though
      having many is supposed to be one of the mains keys to
      being highly rated. But, this hasn't seemed to affect us
      as we usually are in the very top listings for Meditation
      Techniques anyway. BTW, I'm hoping that our web master reads
      this and reconsiders and starts spending some time on
      the site. We appreciate how great a job he has done on
      it and recognize that he is a very busy person and
      so very bliss-full that work, family and other things
      that are ongoing "in the moment" (where he is all of
      the time) are his reality. But...we have a lot of new
      material that could be added to the site as well as
      many (I think) worthy links and I think this would be
      beneficial to those who look to the site for "how to"
      ways to evolve in consciousness, and the concepts that
      could help reduce their stress, sharpen the senses,
      help with their suffering and health, and all the other
      "etc's" that meditation offers. So, as I said, I hope
      our web master will soon help our site evolve at a
      bit greater rate.
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 12, 2009
        Question:
        Is there a wrong way to meditate?

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2009
          sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > Question:
          > Is there a wrong way to meditate?

          Yo Sean,
          What a great Zen-type question/answer/statement!
          In this case, lets say that your question is an apple
          and this situation is one of oranges. If your mind is
          full of junk quality chatter, can pure silence fill it?
          If you are praying to a devil, can anything holy
          arise? In your new incarnation, can a great meal be
          made from spoiled ingredients? So, perhaps a similar
          perspective applies to this Mahayana Buddhist smackdown.

        • Jeremy King
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2009
            Dear Bob and group,

            I looked at this site for you and here are a few findings
            that may assist you in your curiosity of this site:

            madhyamaka.org has a Google Page Rank of 4
            (meditationsociety.com also holds a PR of 4)

            The site has an record since January 2000:

            Domain registration information:
            Created On:04-Jan-2000 14:13:03 UTC
            Last Updated On:13-Dec-2007 13:01:36 UTC
            Registrant Name:Ben Lawrence
            Registrant Organization:Madhyamaka Buddhist Centre
            Registrant Street1:Kilnwick Percy Hall
            Registrant Street2:Pocklington
            Registrant Street3:
            Registrant City:York
            Registrant State/Province:EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE
            Registrant Postal Code:YO42 1UF
            Registrant Country:GB
            Registrant Phone:+44.1759304832

            Although they do not appear to receive
            as much "monthly traffic flow" as your website,
            they do appear to be receiving visitors.

            If you would like any additional research info,
            please let me know and I'll see what I can find
            for you!

            Currently, I have a website that is still in construction
            mode, but is partially open to public:
            http://www.silvercordcafe.com

            We would welcome any information (articles, videos,
            audios, other) that people would like to share and
            have published.

            Again, if you have any questions, please let me know.

            Thanks,

            Jeremy

            *by the way, I appreciate all of the information that
            comes through every week since joining this group ;)

          • Papajeff
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2009
              That's great, Sean! I burst
              out laughing when I read