Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Nov 8, 2009
      Yo Cosmic Phoenix,
      I totally agree with all you share about your visit.
      Bette and I have had the pleasure of visiting Yogaville
      many times and it always exceeds our expectations.
      There is no more serene, holy and conducive to
      meditation place that we have ever experienced.
      The people there are beautiful in and out and
      there is zero cult-like activity; just a pure
      offering of Yoga and wisdom sharing. The food is
      healthy and excellent and the spiritual offerings
      are good food for the body and soul. There is also
      another element there that has always struck us as
      unique. There is no stuffiness and we always have
      a lot of fun during our visits. I think the influence
      of Swami Satchidananda and Swami Sivananda, who
      preceded him, are evident as they both were always
      in a joyous and playful mood, and that continues
      with the "high times" found there to this day. Anyway,
      I too recommend visiting Yogaville to all and everyone.
      PS: Here's a link to the upcoming programs there:
      http://www.integralyogaprograms.org/

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Cosmic Phoenix <ravendancer55@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for this message. I visited Yogaville, Virginia this summer and their Lotus Shrine, a very lovely peaceful place. I highly recommend anyone visit there and see the Shrine, as it has altars to all the known and an unknown religion there. It is a dome shaped and decorated like a lotus flower. They have an ashram classes and other events too.

    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)