Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Cosmic Phoenix
    Message 1 of 182 , Nov 7, 2009
      Thank you for this message. I visited Yogaville, Virginia this summer and their Lotus Shrine, a very lovely peaceful place. I highly recommend anyone visit there and see the Shrine, as it has altars to all the known and an unknown religion there. It is a dome shaped and decorated like a lotus flower. They have an ashram classes and other events too.

      Message 182 of 182 , Mar 30

        The best way to clean your system is to use sound. Simply choose any holy name you like, and keep repeating it. Let your body vibrate with that frequency. In the beginning you have to concentrate on that vibration within you. But, as you continue, every cell in your body will begin to repeat your mantram or your prayer; then the whole system, the whole personality, body, mind, everything will vibrate on that wavelength. The holy word is like a radio wave.

        When a mantram is given to you, you tune your personality to a particular frequency. It's just like tuning a radio. The cosmic music that comes from God is always being transmitted. God never stops transmitting all the beautiful things. Some simply don't tune their heart radios to the proper frequency. Instead, they tune it to the wrong frequency and get atmospheric disturbance.

        With practice, you'll be able to tune your heart radio. You will become a good receiver. Only then is the proper communication possible. Communication brings communion. Real communion is possible only when you tune your entire personality to God's frequency.

        Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi