Arabian Wisdom - Ignorance

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2009
      Arabian Wisdom, by John Wortabet, [1913]
      Found at sacred-texts.com

      Ignorance, Folly

      Ignorance is the greatest poverty.

      Ignorance is death in life.

      There is no evil so great as ignorance.

      Folly is an incurable disease.

      A foolish man is like an old garment, which if
      you patch it in one place becomes rent in many
      other places.

      It is just as allowable to blame a blind man for
      want of sight as to blame a fool for his folly.

      To bear the folly of a fool is indeed a great hardship.

      The best way to treat a fool is to shun him.

      The fool is an enemy to himself—how can he then
      be a friend to others?

      An ignorant man is highly favoured, for he casts
      away the burden of life, and does not vex his soul
      with thoughts of time and eternity.

      The most effectual preacher to a man is himself.
      A man never turns away from his passions unless
      the rebuke comes from himself to himself
      FAIR USE NOTICE
      This site contains copyrighted material the
      use of which has not always been specifically
      authorized by the copyright owner. We are
      making such material available in our efforts
      to advance understanding of environmental,
      scientific, spiritual, and social justice issues,
      etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use'
      for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
      the material on this site is distributed
      without profit to those who have expressed a
      prior interest in receiving the included information
      for research and educational purposes. For more
      information go to:
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.
      site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use',
      you must obtain permission from the copyright owner