No Enlightenment - Just Peace

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2009
      We've had so may emails lately expressing the
      same idea..."I will wait for my Enlightenment
      until it's ready to grace me, but I want greater
      Peace ASAP". As a matter of fact, it's common to
      hear/read that the "seeking" of Enlightenment itself
      is a source of great suffering and takes away Peace.
      OK, no problem under and over-standing these
      experiences. But don't give up on meditating due
      to the seeming lack of success (IE: "boo-hoo ...s/he
      got Enlightened and I haven't"). This "no success"
      criteria might not be eliminated for many lifetimes
      to come. But with a regular practice of Raja Yoga
      (the Yoga of Meditation), you will get to the point
      where when you have negative thoughts, you will
      tell them to cease and they will. And that's PEACE.
      And unlike just about every committee meeting I've
      ever attended, I won't say "Any thoughts?" at the end,
      but instead will say "Witness your thoughts, emotions,
      and physical actions as they are taking place, and
      if they are taking your peace away, replace them
      with Silence or Peace-provoking activities and
      thoughts". And meditation is the best way to discover
      what the Silence and the Peace producing things are.