Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Music

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2009
      A little Miles Davis in the morning works for me

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 6, 2009
        I love all of the names that have been mentioned (especially Bob Dylan) but to meditate I truly need instrumental and no lyrics - it's probably just me.

        My friend has a CD titled Solitude that's my favorite - you can get thru cdfreedom.com - it's just up my alley and switches my brain from 'racing' to 'quiet' mode.  I also know someone who has listened to it and said that when she fights with her husband, if they slip that into the cd player, it's sort of a 'mediator' - a word close to 'meditater' - !

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 6, 2009
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Carole Gray <carole.gray18@...> wrote:

          > I love all of the names that have been mentioned (especially Bob Dylan) but to meditate I truly need instrumental and no lyrics - it's probably just me.
          >
          > My friend has a CD titled Solitude that's my favorite - you can get thru cdfreedom.com - it's just up my alley and switches my brain from 'racing' to 'quiet' mode.  I also know someone who has listened to it and said that when she fights with her husband, if they slip that into the cd player, it's sort of a 'mediator' - a word close to 'meditater' - !

          One of my favorite "just instrumental" meditative
          music delights is a not well known St George gift
          that is titled Wonderwall. Samples of its tracks
          can be found here:
          http://tinyurl.com/y8fp55l
          And I think it well proves that we really can
          Get high with a little help from my friends.
          Enjoy!
        • Papajeff
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 2009
            Thanks, Bob. St. George