Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meditation and Guns, Rifles, Ammo and Knives

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2009
      Bob,
      Thanks for the post,  as you know I love meditation and shooting! In fact I find shooting a meditative practice.  I also try to avoid the use of cliche's as much as possible which brings up to mind what I am doing right now, I am currently teaching and designing a course for the military on the differences between cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
      Sean

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2009
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > Bob,Thanks for the post,  as you know I love meditation and shooting! In fact I find shooting a meditative practice.  I also try to avoid the use of cliche's as much as possible which brings up to mind what I am doing right now, I am currently teaching and designing a course for the military on the differences between cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.Sean

        Yo Sean,
        As usual you are doing exactly what's most needed now.
        I saw another report on the news yesterday about how
        the war in Afghanistan is going and it indicated there
        is virtually no possibility or very unlikely that we can
        "win" the war with weapons and the best thing
        we can do is show sensitivity, awareness, and competency.
        And that's what you demonstrated there and I hope there
        will be open minds and ears here that will respond
        to what you are sharing. It's a very meditative attitude.

      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2009
          "A war is not over until a viable government is accepted by the people of the conquered nation"
          Karl Von Clausewitz Prussian General Author of "On War"

          > Bob,Thanks for the post,  as you know I love meditation and shooting! In fact I find shooting a meditative practice.  I also try to avoid the use of cliche's as much as possible which brings up to mind what I am doing right now, I am currently teaching and designing a course for the military on the differences between cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.Sean

          Yo Sean,
          As usual you are doing exactly what's most needed now.
          I saw another report on the news yesterday about how
          the war in Afghanistan is going and it indicated there
          is virtually no possibility or very unlikely that we can
          "win" the war with weapons and the best thing
          we can do is show sensitivity, awareness, and competency.
          And that's what you demonstrated there and I hope there
          will be open minds and ears here that will respond
          to what you are sharing. It's a very meditative attitude.

        • Papajeff
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2009
            Hi Sean,

            Your course sounds wonderful.