Who You Are

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
      Before your mother knew you were in her
      womb, before any doctor, politician, family
      member, religious leader, or anyone else on
      earth even knew you existed, the Highest Power
      so loved you that he gave you life and protected
      and nourished you. Before you had drawn your
      first breath, the Highest Power had already
      demonstrated love and concern for you and
      provided all you needed for your well-being,
      and this continues to this very moment.

      Your inner Witness, your Real Self, has gone
      from the womb of flesh to the womb of the Cosmos.
      The Highest has made every atom, that makes up
      every molecule, that makes up every cell, that
      makes up every organ in your body, perfectly
      compatible with everything the Universe provides.

      The air, earth, fire, and water have been
      created in the precise proportions necessary
      to provide the environment needed for you to
      survive and thrive. The odds against this
      happening by chance are trillions to one and
      can be appreciated as absolute proof of the
      Highest's loving intervention and intention.

      Mother Earth is in an exquisite rhythm with
      its sister planets as gravity and motion balance
      their dance around Father Sun, as it travels in
      concert with the billions of other stars and
      heavenly bodies that make up our galaxy. Ultimately,
      the hundreds of billions of galaxies, in harmony,
      provide the exact perfect conditions that
      allow consciousness to exist and evolve. You are,
      always were, and will always be, the love child
      of the Highest Power.

      Every atom in the universe is presenting
      itself to enlighten you. The celestial stage
      has been set. It is for you to decide to be
      conscious of the cosmos and embrace your infinite,
      eternal identity. Royal Divine Child of the Universe,
      awaken and live happily ever after.

      Who You Are Meditation Technique

      Position yourself in the posture you have
      found to be the one that affords the greatest
      comfort to you, while letting you maintain an
      alert awareness without falling asleep. Direct
      your inner chatterer to be still and your emotions
      to remain in a serene state.

      With eyes open, let your gaze fall to any
      given spot on the surface of the floor or ground.
      If you are sitting on sand, pick out one grain
      to focus on. If you are on a carpet, lock your
      attention on one fiber. And so on. Witness your
      mind making comments, comparisons, and judgements,
      but remain unreactive.

      Simply let the gazing continue no matter
      how strongly your chatterer tries to discourage
      you. It will eventually cease and desist. As
      your concentration becomes more intense, with
      less and less effort, you will start to see movement.

      For instance, the grains of sand may
      start to appear to be giving off light that
      is flowing in a paisley pattern motion. This
      is the atomic and pre-atomic nature of reality
      presenting itself to you. Soon thereafter the
      air, earth, water, and fire within and without
      you will reveal their atomic unification and
      join in this dance of light.

      This will continue until your mind chatter
      stops it. By stilling the mind, the intensity
      will grow until the point is reached where it
      is not unusual for the experience to be so
      astonishing and overwhelming that inner comments
      like "Oh my God!" and "Thank you God" occur.

      Simultaneously, language becomes insufficient
      and only feelings of love and adoration suffice.
      Keep at one with the eternal silence of the
      inner Witness and you will know your limitless
      and total connection with the universe and its creator.

      The misidentification of your self as apart
      from the rest of the universe as a body, mind,
      or feeling will evaporate like a fog lifting, and
      there revealed in all glory will be the divine
      Garden of Eden that has always been present.
      And you will live happily ever after.
      After Thought

      Half a century ago, on one of TV's first
      variety shows, the Ed Sullivan Show, a ventriloquist
      named Senor Wences used to have a running gag
      with his puppet (which was simply his hand with
      some lipstick on it, to make it look like a face).
      He would say, "That's easy to do!" about various
      things, and his hand puppet would answer "Easy
      for you, difficult for me!" in a Spanish dialect.
      This always made the audience convulse with
      laughter. But in real life, when things are easy
      for someone else, but difficult for you, you
      rarely find it humorous.

      As a matter of fact, adjectives like
      frustrating, annoying, ego deflating, and so
      on, are often much more accurate descriptions
      of how you feel. The Who You Are Meditation
      Technique has the potential to be in this
      category. It is easy to tell someone "Sit comfortably,
      concentrate, and let the Highest Power fill you
      with all the wonders and wisdom of the universe".

      But can you actually sit comfortably enough,
      for long enough for your attention to remain
      focused enough? If so, this and every other
      technique will "work". If not, like most things,
      the more you practice, the better you will get.
      Persevere, because unlike most things, the end
      result of this and every meditative effort has
      the potential to lead to the end of all effort.
      And effortlessly, you will live happily ever after.

      This article and technique first appeared
      in our newsletter, The Inner Traveler.
    • mindgoal
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
        Great stuff. Thank you, Bob. Jeff

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
          Thanks Papajeff, much appreciated!
          BTW, what's happening with your October
          Enlightened Healer Symposium? Last I heard
          you had commitments from more than a dozen
          different world-class healers to share their
          wisdom. Are the dates and location set?
          Peace and blessing,
          Bob

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009

            > Thanks Papajeff, much appreciated!
            > BTW, what's happening with your October
            > Enlightened Healer Symposium? Last I heard
            > you had commitments from more than a dozen
            > different world-class healers to share their
            > wisdom. Are the dates and location set?
            > Peace and blessing,
            > Bob

            Yes, 15 presenters at The Enlightened Healer Symposium
            coming to St. Petersburg, Florida on Oct 16 and 17.

            More information and complete roster with synopsis
            of the various presentations at

            http://www.enlightenedhealers.com