war and terer

  • fidakhani
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10 7:53 AM
      Dear all
      my name is fida and i m from the north west frontier of pakistan . due to war and terer ther is lack of employment facilities for female in this regen , lotof femle suffer from diffrent psychiatric and psychological illness so in this sititution i develop some groups for meditation and it gives a verry good result . but the problem is that the number of peoples is much and it is very difficult to manage it i need your advise in the connection.
    • Sandeep
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10 7:25 PM
        As Salaam Wala Khum Fida.

        Suggest teach the techniques(tarikas) to few leaders who can then lead groups themselves...maybe at different locations.
        ....rather than one large gathering.

        Also remember that a large gathering attracts attention of the fanatics who believe all this meditation is the work of Shaitan
        and they will pose issues for you.

        So smaller groups dispersed at various locations and at various times.

        What is the meditation technique (tarika) that you generally follow?

        fidakhani wrote:

        Dear all
        my name is fida and i m from the north west frontier of pakistan . due to war and terer ther is lack of employment facilities for female in this regen , lotof femle suffer from diffrent psychiatric and psychological illness so in this sititution i develop some groups for meditation and it gives a verry good result . but the problem is that the number of peoples is much and it is very difficult to manage it i need your advise in the connection.

      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 11 2:15 AM
          Agreed, avoid large groups I had three girls schools in Shar e Safa all underground for thier and the teachers safety
          Good luck
          Hoda hafez

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14 12:01 AM
            Dear sandeep
             Thank u verry much for your responce
             i get traning form a buddhest priest in serylanka but here in pakistan i modified it according to my own culture.Your seggession is verry good but presonnally feel that my own skill  is not so meture i need some more traning then i will b abble to deliver the traning. can u help me in this connection

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15 1:07 AM
              Hi Fida,

              First of all commend yourself............for being in the midst of very difficult times in a very difficult spot on this planet....
              ...and pursuing meditation in a society where probably meditation can get you stoned.

              I cannot comment on the skill aspect unless you share what exactly is the technique that is being followed and what, if any......
              ..... issues that come up for you in conducting the technique for yourself.

              You mentioned lack of maturity.

              Lack of maturity is usually attributed to easily getting distracted, isn't it?

              Don't bother about getting distracted..........or whatever it was that distracted.

              Just notice that "you" had got involved in something else.........and in the noticing "you" are back in awareness.

              The techniques of meditation are indeed durational events.

              Given that there are other tasks which make up living........you obviously need to allocate a fixed time and place for yourself for conducting these techniques.

              But meditativeness........is neither time dependent  or location dependent or activity/technique dependent .

              Meditativeness is the absence of the presence of all dependencies, including of the form of the mediation technique..
              ..... which may or may not be unfolding in the moment..

              In meditativeness, there could be drawing of water from a well and carry the pitcher of water barefoot over 10 kms
              on hot desert sand.

              In meditativeness, there could be the imparting of meditation techniques to others,
              who can then impart to others in small clusters.

              In meditativeness........there could be the withdrawing of senses into a sleep state.....

              .......or the state of acute frenzied activities.

              The techniques of meditation have a specific ethos and thus there is Buddhist techniques, there is the whirling of the Sufis,...
              .....the methods of Zen, of Hassidism, of Tantra, of self-enquiry, of Bhakti, of Karma, of  Islam etc.

              But meditativeness, while containing all these nuances...........is not Budhhist or Zenist or Advaitic or Sufic or Islamic.

              Meditativeness does not have the space of even the thought of meditativeness.

              Bismallah Rahim.