Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Aug 1 6:00 AM
      Be a Humble Teacher

      "If you want to enlighten others, get enlightened
      yourself. What you read in books is not enough.
      As a Yoga teacher, you should show your students
      the way because you know it well. Don't pose as
      an all-knowing person. That's the problem: Are
      you going to teach or preach? Preaching is not
      important. Practicing is what's important. In fact,
      nobody is a teacher; we are all learners. Sometimes,
      we learn from the students themselves. So be humble
      and gently impart what you know. Say: `This is all
      I know; this what I'm hoping for. You try. You may
      even get it before me.' That kind of humility is important.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda