Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Jul 18, 2009
      A One-pointed Mind

      "When the mind is concentrated, it gains
      more strength. Anything that is dissipated
      loses its strength. If you gather all the
      thought forms and concentrate on one idea
      or object, the mind will reveal the inner
      secret of that idea. That is what inventors
      do. They are deeply concentrated, their minds
      are one-pointed, so nature reveals its
      secrets to them. Because these individuals'
      minds were one-pointed, they could penetrate
      the secret of the atom. That control, that
      one-pointedness is possible. With that you
      can gain anything you want in this world.
      There is nothing in this world that a
      one-pointed mind cannot gain.

      For more about and by Swami Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda