Re: Meditation as a thirst quencher

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2009
      "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@...> wrote:

      > No inner narrative
      > Brings life to life
      > Words are merely
      > Secondary devices
      > That underlie the
      > Lie of duality
      >
      > Only ego assigns
      > Our narrative potency
      > Neither the 5 senses
      > Nor the 6th sense of
      > Enlightened consciousness
      > Allow for expression
      >
      > It is rather the
      > Wordless pristine
      > Silence of experience
      > That pours out the
      > Juice of life and
      > Quenches our thirst
      >
      > Jeff

      Yo Papajeff,
      These are beautiful wise words and point so well
      to the wordless wonders that are ever-available,
      but rarely appreciated or perceived. I've been
      reading a book that uses words to "prove" that
      God doesn't exist titled "irreligion" by a
      mathameticin named John Allen Paulos. It very well
      demolishes the various groups of words/concepts that
      have traditionally been used to prove that there is
      a God, but never points to an experiential knowing
      of "What Is". Of course, as the recent brilliant and
      literally enlightening posts by Sandeep, Dan, and
      yourSelf achieve, pontification no matter how
      cleverly presented, even by a "genius", doesn't stop
      and empty the mind any better than a drunk's slurred
      commentary about sports. I give thanks and praise
      when the universe, or "whatever" gifts us with a
      brake in the chattering minds drivel, and presents
      us with the greatest present possible.....things
      that wake us up and help us evolve in consciousness.
      Much appreciated!