Jnana Yoga

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      Jnana Yoga is the yoga of wisdom. Basically it
      directs us to come to know the reality of who
      and what our Real Self is. Who and what we are
      is consciousness and we are at one with the
      source of all things and all consciousness.
      One of the methods Jnana Yogis use for coming
      to the realization of our oneness is stimulated
      by meditating on certain phrases such as
      "That thou art", "Consciousness is Brahman
      (The supreme Reality)", "I am Brahman", and
      "This Self is Brahman". Of these, it is said
      that the first, "That thou art", is the greatest
      and gives birth to the other three.

      For centuries seekers of Enlightenment
      have meditated on these statements and enjoyed
      the divine reward they sought. In these turbulent
      times it is still appropriate to spend time
      and energy in contemplation on these liberating
      concepts. It is also worthwhile to meditate
      on other concepts. The criteria we must use
      to determine if a concept or technique is
      "good for us" is very simple - if it brings
      you peace, it is. And if it causes you to
      lose your peace, it is "bad".

      In Jnana, virtually everything that deals
      with becoming less ego-centered and more universal
      in perspective is considered beneficial and
      worth meditating on. Here are a few thoughts
      that may bring you peace...

      1. Only the selfish suffer.

      2. In this Now, everything's sweet.

      3. You are not apart from the universe; you are
      not "here" and the rest of the universe "there".
      You are a part of the universe, at one with it.

      4. The only thing telling you something's wrong
      is your mind. Nevermind!

      5. Time is subjective. Be objective - don't
      let time subject you. Whenever anything happens,
      it is the right time for it to occur.

      6. Your body is a collection of atoms that
      has changed its' construction and composition
      100% since you first started reading this. You
      are not your body. You are that which can witness
      its' changes.

      7. The tongue is the hardest sense instrument
      to tame. Our need to comment is obsessive and
      compulsive. Chasing after taste bud pleasure
      is slavery. Witness your inner silence and be free.

      8. It is good not to suffer. But suffering
      helps you grow because it makes you strong,
      compassionate, and humble. These are very good
      qualities. So suffering is also good. When you
      realize this, you can give thanks and praise
      when you don't suffer and when you do. Stop
      suffering from thinking suffering is only
      something that makes you suffer.

      9. Your inner Real Self is beautiful, pure,
      luminous, and glorious. This essence is yours
      eternally. Don't worry for a second about your
      external beauty. If you're in touch with your
      inner beauty, your outer beauty will be beautiful.

      10. If you help less, you will be helpless.

      11. Every breath is a gift of love from above.
      Fill with this love with every inhale and send
      it out with every exhale.

      12. The most serene person is the most selfless
      person. The saddest person is the most selfish person.