Re: Sound Meditation

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2009
      You're welcome. This seemingly
      simple meditation techniques...
      is not as easy and breezy as
      it reads.

      So, just a preparatory note:

      While in the settled listening,
      the ego (what is commonly referred
      to as ego - our 'thinking, reasoning'
      identity) can put up 'resistance'.

      When we begin to sense our absorption
      in the sound and enjoy a feeling of
      becoming ethereal...the ego can freak
      out and send a signal to us to not let go -
      to not fully commit to what seems
      like a dissolution of 'self' (as the
      ego knows it).

      This is where many even advanced
      meditators often turn back.

      A little cosmic note here: This is the
      quantum point of 'surrender' into the
      4th dimension when all negative impressions
      of the past are released and a fresh
      perspective of positive perfection
      presents itself in a sudden rush
      of 'wisdom'. This can be compared
      to what in quantum mechanics is known
      as the 'magnetic moment'.

      On a consciousness level it is beyond
      thinking and experiencing in the mind.
      It is another dimension of being not
      bound by space and time - sometimes
      called unbounded consciousness or
      Awakening.

      This potential requires the leap -
      the absolute allowance of the risk
      of dissolution, the 'loss'
      of, individual identity...

      to discover 'Self', the Self-Realization
      that All is One. When this shift
      occurs, the ego is delighted to
      have a new 'playmate' of expanded
      and enlightened consciousness, One
      who can now enjoy both absolute
      and relative reality - knowing the
      primary Oneness as their true identity,
      and the relative existence as a
      'secondary' identity.

      There is no human experience that can
      compare to this - none as sweet and
      freeing and beautiful.

      In a way, it is easy and natural. And
      at the same time, in a way, it is elusive
      and as Sri Ringo sang, "It don't come easy."

      One Love,

      Jeff