Better Late Than Never

  • tabularosa
    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 18 5:36 PM
      Greetings from a new member. Bob, I attended one
      of your stress management classes today during an
      inservice and it elicited enough interest for me to do a
      search on Dr. Benson and the Meditation Society. Thus, I
      was provided with the link here. <br><br>After
      reading the handout on Meditation in Education, I asked a
      few of the teachers if they knew what had happened in
      Santana, and they too, like me, drew a blank. It was only
      after I did a search that I found it was yet another
      shooting incident in San Diego in March of 2001. I cannot
      agree with you more in the realization of the need to
      incorporate stress management into the education system. Have
      you been gaining any headway or receiving any
      interest from school boards to make feasible this
      possibility? <br><br>Meditation is such an important life
      tool, it's omission is a blight upon our educational
      system. How is this technique taught in other countries?
      Is it in the schools, temples or thru family
      orientation?<br><br>May you have much success in your endeavors. I wish I
      had been given the opportunity to have delved more
      into this field while still in school. Hopefully, it
      is never too late to pursue.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: