Living stillness

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2009

      t is only through silent awareness that our physical and mental nature can change.

      This change is completely spontaneous.

      Making an effort to change, we do no more than shift our attention from one level, to another,
      remaining in the vicious circle.

      This only transfers energy from one point to another.

      It still leaves us oscillating between suffering and pleasure,
      each leading inevitably inevitably back to the other.

      Only living stillness, stillness without someone trying to be still, is capable of undoing the conditioning
      our biological, emotional and
      psychological nature has undergone.

      There is no controller, no selector, no personality making choices.

      -Jean Klein