Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 199 , Jun 20 9:06 AM
      Convert Everything into Selfless Acts

      "A slogan I have is: `no appointment, no disappointment.'
      That doesn't mean that you should not make any
      appointments, otherwise you would not be able to
      go and get a haircut—but, make no appointments based
      on your selfishness. Even taking a Yoga class or going
      to a Yoga retreat should not be a selfish act. You are
      going there to reform yourself, to grow, to serve
      others—and that is a selfless act, because your ultimate
      goal is to serve others. With that goal, you can eat,
      you can sleep, you can live comfortably, you can study,
      you can become an eminent doctor—not to hoard millions,
      but to serve. All the professions can be converted
      into selfless acts.

      For more by and about Swai Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
    • T Koenke Diaz
      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)