making a documentary

  • custom3
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2009
      Hi fellow Yogis! I have great news--Two award winning documentarians are making a film on the life of Paramahansa Yogananda, one of the first yogis to come to America from India. This story is not limited to Paramahansa Yogananda... we want to hear from you too!

      How has yoga and meditation impacted your life--re: working with financial struggles, yearning for God, living a balanced life, eliminating pain, dealing with ambition, meeting your destiny... If you have Yogananda connections we would love to hear them too!

      Our goal is to spread the word on the benefits of yoga and meditation to a wide audience and your stories can help. Please visit our facebook group Documentary of a Yogi or you can email your story at YoganandaDoc@...

      Warm Regards,
      Tommy Friedman
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2009
        Brother give me a dime on the dollar and I would let loose a torrent of blinding chaos and whirling paradox upon the subject!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 10, 2009
          sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > Brother give me a dime on the dollar and I would let loose a torrent of blinding chaos and whirling paradox upon the subject!

          Yo Sean and Tommy,
          "Blinding chaos and whirling paradox" would make
          a great blurb on the signs outside movie theaters
          for this or any film. That'd get people to buy
          tickets!
          Semi-seriously, I'm pretty sure Papajeff's wife Susan
          has been greatly influenced by Yogananda, and totally in
          a positive way. And so have many many others. I very much
          look forward to this documentary.

          > --- On Mon, 6/8/09, making a documentary
          > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 3:39 PM

          > Hi fellow Yogis! I have great news--Two award winning documentarians are making a film on the life of Paramahansa Yogananda, one of the first yogis to come to America from India. This story is not limited to Paramahansa Yogananda... we want to hear from you too!
          >

          > How has yoga and meditation impacted your life--re: working with financial struggles, yearning for God, living a balanced life, eliminating pain, dealing with ambition, meeting your destiny... If you have Yogananda connections we would love to hear them too!
          >

          > Our goal is to spread the word on the benefits of yoga and meditation to a wide audience and your stories can help. Please visit our facebook group Documentary of a Yogi or you can email your story at YoganandaDoc@ gmail.com
          >

          > Warm Regards,
          >
          > Tommy Friedman

        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2009

            > sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Brother give me a dime on the dollar and I would let loose a torrent of blinding chaos and whirling paradox upon the subject!
            > >

            > Yo Sean and Tommy,
            > "Blinding chaos and whirling paradox" would make
            > a great blurb on the signs outside movie theaters
            > for this or any film. That'd get people to buy
            > tickets!
            > Semi-seriously, I'm pretty sure Papajeff's wife Susan
            > has been greatly influenced by Yogananda, and totally in
            > a positive way. And so have many many others. I very much
            > look forward to this documentary.
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

            Hey, Bob. Yes, Susan loves the
            teachings of Yogananda and has
            been positively influenced by
            them. And I find his take on the
            teachings of Jesus to be some of
            the most lucid and pleasing (to me)
            I have read.

            As for the 'blinding chaos and whirling paradoxes',
            the rational mind reels at them, but the mind of
            the mystics revel in them - especially the Whirling
            Dervishes from the Sufi tradition, like Rumi.

            One Love,

            Jeff

            > > --- On Mon, 6/8/09, making a documentary
            > > To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            > > Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 3:39 PM
            >

            > > Hi fellow Yogis! I have great news--Two award winning documentarians are making a film on the life of Paramahansa Yogananda, one of the first yogis to come to America from India. This story is not limited to Paramahansa Yogananda... we want to hear from you too!
            > >

            > > How has yoga and meditation impacted your life--re: working with financial struggles, yearning for God, living a balanced life, eliminating pain, dealing with ambition, meeting your destiny... If you have Yogananda connections we would love to hear them too!
            > >

            > > Our goal is to spread the word on the benefits of yoga and meditation to a wide audience and your stories can help. Please visit our facebook group Documentary of a Yogi or you can email your story at YoganandaDoc@ gmail.com
            > >

            > > Warm Regards,
            > >
            > > Tommy Friedman

          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 10, 2009
              Me too actualy
              And it's a great subject, Yogananda has been a positive influence on a lot of people