[Meditation Society of America] Re: The 100th Human - Sneak previews of The Enlightened Healer Symposium

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009

      > a hefty stick or stone was "one
      > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
      > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
      > but Sean's observation is correct
      > and cogent -- humanity is just as
      > likely to be destroyed as saved
      > by "monkey see, monkey do."
      >

      > sean tremblay wrote:
      > >

      > > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

    • cosmic_yogi1
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
          Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

          > Yes, what goes for potato washing
          > also goes for tool wielding --
          > including weaponry. The first
          > primate to knock out a rival with
          > a hefty stick or stone was "one
          > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
          > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
          > but Sean's observation is correct
          > and cogent -- humanity is just as
          > likely to be destroyed as saved
          > by "monkey see, monkey do."

          Well, that's the Yin and Yang of it. The Tao would be
          dealing with (or letting happen) the awareness of the
          100 monkeys within us. This is demonstrated by the
          practices of the Kundalini Yoga tradition that points
          to 7 different energy areas within that all have other
          "emanations" sprouting off of them, and the Kabbalah branch
          of Jewish mysticism which sites 10. When each is equally
          activated (by Witnessing/Presence/Awareness/etc, brought
          about by specific practices and activated by Grace), the
          "100 Monkey" transformation takes place within and the
          practitioner achieves Enlightenment. The energy areas
          are said to power the various aspects of being human.
          For example, the balance between Joy and Sadness,
          Good and Evil, Wisdom and Ignorance, etc. So I see this and
          similar stories as meditative teachings that have the
          potential to evolve us much more within than the first
          things we see in our initial realizations of their
          meaning. And it's a blessing and mystery that these and
          similar tools for the enquiry into "Who Am I?" has been
          given to us as tools for Self Realization.

        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
            It's only done by doing!