Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The 100th Human - Sneak previews of The Enlightened Healer Symposium

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
      Yes, what goes for potato washing
      also goes for tool wielding --
      including weaponry. The first
      primate to knock out a rival with
      a hefty stick or stone was "one
      in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
      on such a pleasant parade, guys,
      but Sean's observation is correct
      and cogent -- humanity is just as
      likely to be destroyed as saved
      by "monkey see, monkey do."

      sean tremblay wrote:

      > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
        In a way, the race is on.

        Will the 100th human awaken
        to our Oneness as a species
        on this planet and bring about
        the transformation of our
        collective consciousness
        that enlightened visionaries
        have dreamed, written and
        'preached' about in a huge
        body of work from the ancient
        of days to contemporary text...
        before one of the monkey tribes
        blow the entire planet up?

        Either way, a new script
        will be written.

        I'm lining up with the optimists.

        One Love,

        Jeff
        www.livingatwow.com

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

        > Yes, what goes for potato washing
        > also goes for tool wielding --
        > including weaponry. The first
        > primate to knock out a rival with
        > a hefty stick or stone was "one
        > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
        > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
        > but Sean's observation is correct
        > and cogent -- humanity is just as
        > likely to be destroyed as saved
        > by "monkey see, monkey do."
        >

        > sean tremblay wrote:
        > >

        > > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

      • cosmic_yogi1
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
            Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

            > Yes, what goes for potato washing
            > also goes for tool wielding --
            > including weaponry. The first
            > primate to knock out a rival with
            > a hefty stick or stone was "one
            > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
            > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
            > but Sean's observation is correct
            > and cogent -- humanity is just as
            > likely to be destroyed as saved
            > by "monkey see, monkey do."

            Well, that's the Yin and Yang of it. The Tao would be
            dealing with (or letting happen) the awareness of the
            100 monkeys within us. This is demonstrated by the
            practices of the Kundalini Yoga tradition that points
            to 7 different energy areas within that all have other
            "emanations" sprouting off of them, and the Kabbalah branch
            of Jewish mysticism which sites 10. When each is equally
            activated (by Witnessing/Presence/Awareness/etc, brought
            about by specific practices and activated by Grace), the
            "100 Monkey" transformation takes place within and the
            practitioner achieves Enlightenment. The energy areas
            are said to power the various aspects of being human.
            For example, the balance between Joy and Sadness,
            Good and Evil, Wisdom and Ignorance, etc. So I see this and
            similar stories as meditative teachings that have the
            potential to evolve us much more within than the first
            things we see in our initial realizations of their
            meaning. And it's a blessing and mystery that these and
            similar tools for the enquiry into "Who Am I?" has been
            given to us as tools for Self Realization.

          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
              It's only done by doing!