Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The 100th Human - Sneak previews of The Enlightened Healer Symposium

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
      sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
        Yes, what goes for potato washing
        also goes for tool wielding --
        including weaponry. The first
        primate to knock out a rival with
        a hefty stick or stone was "one
        in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
        on such a pleasant parade, guys,
        but Sean's observation is correct
        and cogent -- humanity is just as
        likely to be destroyed as saved
        by "monkey see, monkey do."

        sean tremblay wrote:

        > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
          In a way, the race is on.

          Will the 100th human awaken
          to our Oneness as a species
          on this planet and bring about
          the transformation of our
          collective consciousness
          that enlightened visionaries
          have dreamed, written and
          'preached' about in a huge
          body of work from the ancient
          of days to contemporary text...
          before one of the monkey tribes
          blow the entire planet up?

          Either way, a new script
          will be written.

          I'm lining up with the optimists.

          One Love,

          Jeff
          www.livingatwow.com

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

          > Yes, what goes for potato washing
          > also goes for tool wielding --
          > including weaponry. The first
          > primate to knock out a rival with
          > a hefty stick or stone was "one
          > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
          > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
          > but Sean's observation is correct
          > and cogent -- humanity is just as
          > likely to be destroyed as saved
          > by "monkey see, monkey do."
          >

          > sean tremblay wrote:
          > >

          > > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

        • cosmic_yogi1
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
              Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

              > Yes, what goes for potato washing
              > also goes for tool wielding --
              > including weaponry. The first
              > primate to knock out a rival with
              > a hefty stick or stone was "one
              > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
              > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
              > but Sean's observation is correct
              > and cogent -- humanity is just as
              > likely to be destroyed as saved
              > by "monkey see, monkey do."

              Well, that's the Yin and Yang of it. The Tao would be
              dealing with (or letting happen) the awareness of the
              100 monkeys within us. This is demonstrated by the
              practices of the Kundalini Yoga tradition that points
              to 7 different energy areas within that all have other
              "emanations" sprouting off of them, and the Kabbalah branch
              of Jewish mysticism which sites 10. When each is equally
              activated (by Witnessing/Presence/Awareness/etc, brought
              about by specific practices and activated by Grace), the
              "100 Monkey" transformation takes place within and the
              practitioner achieves Enlightenment. The energy areas
              are said to power the various aspects of being human.
              For example, the balance between Joy and Sadness,
              Good and Evil, Wisdom and Ignorance, etc. So I see this and
              similar stories as meditative teachings that have the
              potential to evolve us much more within than the first
              things we see in our initial realizations of their
              meaning. And it's a blessing and mystery that these and
              similar tools for the enquiry into "Who Am I?" has been
              given to us as tools for Self Realization.

            • sean tremblay
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
                It's only done by doing!