Re: The 100th Human - Sneak previews of The Enlightened Healer Symposium

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009

      > on which we talk about Chris'
      > book...and (as they say in
      > advertising) much, much more.
      >
      > One Love,
      >
      > Jeff
      > www.livingatwow.com

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
        sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
          Yes, what goes for potato washing
          also goes for tool wielding --
          including weaponry. The first
          primate to knock out a rival with
          a hefty stick or stone was "one
          in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
          on such a pleasant parade, guys,
          but Sean's observation is correct
          and cogent -- humanity is just as
          likely to be destroyed as saved
          by "monkey see, monkey do."

          sean tremblay wrote:

          > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
            In a way, the race is on.

            Will the 100th human awaken
            to our Oneness as a species
            on this planet and bring about
            the transformation of our
            collective consciousness
            that enlightened visionaries
            have dreamed, written and
            'preached' about in a huge
            body of work from the ancient
            of days to contemporary text...
            before one of the monkey tribes
            blow the entire planet up?

            Either way, a new script
            will be written.

            I'm lining up with the optimists.

            One Love,

            Jeff
            www.livingatwow.com

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

            > Yes, what goes for potato washing
            > also goes for tool wielding --
            > including weaponry. The first
            > primate to knock out a rival with
            > a hefty stick or stone was "one
            > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
            > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
            > but Sean's observation is correct
            > and cogent -- humanity is just as
            > likely to be destroyed as saved
            > by "monkey see, monkey do."
            >

            > sean tremblay wrote:
            > >

            > > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

          • cosmic_yogi1
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
                Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

                > Yes, what goes for potato washing
                > also goes for tool wielding --
                > including weaponry. The first
                > primate to knock out a rival with
                > a hefty stick or stone was "one
                > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
                > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
                > but Sean's observation is correct
                > and cogent -- humanity is just as
                > likely to be destroyed as saved
                > by "monkey see, monkey do."

                Well, that's the Yin and Yang of it. The Tao would be
                dealing with (or letting happen) the awareness of the
                100 monkeys within us. This is demonstrated by the
                practices of the Kundalini Yoga tradition that points
                to 7 different energy areas within that all have other
                "emanations" sprouting off of them, and the Kabbalah branch
                of Jewish mysticism which sites 10. When each is equally
                activated (by Witnessing/Presence/Awareness/etc, brought
                about by specific practices and activated by Grace), the
                "100 Monkey" transformation takes place within and the
                practitioner achieves Enlightenment. The energy areas
                are said to power the various aspects of being human.
                For example, the balance between Joy and Sadness,
                Good and Evil, Wisdom and Ignorance, etc. So I see this and
                similar stories as meditative teachings that have the
                potential to evolve us much more within than the first
                things we see in our initial realizations of their
                meaning. And it's a blessing and mystery that these and
                similar tools for the enquiry into "Who Am I?" has been
                given to us as tools for Self Realization.

              • sean tremblay
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
                  It's only done by doing!