The 100th Human - Sneak previews of The Enlightened Healer Symposium

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009

        > on which we talk about Chris'
        > book...and (as they say in
        > advertising) much, much more.
        >
        > One Love,
        >
        > Jeff
        > www.livingatwow.com

      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
          sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2009
            Yes, what goes for potato washing
            also goes for tool wielding --
            including weaponry. The first
            primate to knock out a rival with
            a hefty stick or stone was "one
            in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
            on such a pleasant parade, guys,
            but Sean's observation is correct
            and cogent -- humanity is just as
            likely to be destroyed as saved
            by "monkey see, monkey do."

            sean tremblay wrote:

            > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
              In a way, the race is on.

              Will the 100th human awaken
              to our Oneness as a species
              on this planet and bring about
              the transformation of our
              collective consciousness
              that enlightened visionaries
              have dreamed, written and
              'preached' about in a huge
              body of work from the ancient
              of days to contemporary text...
              before one of the monkey tribes
              blow the entire planet up?

              Either way, a new script
              will be written.

              I'm lining up with the optimists.

              One Love,

              Jeff
              www.livingatwow.com

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

              > Yes, what goes for potato washing
              > also goes for tool wielding --
              > including weaponry. The first
              > primate to knock out a rival with
              > a hefty stick or stone was "one
              > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
              > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
              > but Sean's observation is correct
              > and cogent -- humanity is just as
              > likely to be destroyed as saved
              > by "monkey see, monkey do."
              >

              > sean tremblay wrote:
              > >

              > > sometimes those monkeys learn to do some fucked up shit

            • cosmic_yogi1
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 3, 2009
                  Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, what goes for potato washing
                  > also goes for tool wielding --
                  > including weaponry. The first
                  > primate to knock out a rival with
                  > a hefty stick or stone was "one
                  > in a hundred" too. Sorry to rain
                  > on such a pleasant parade, guys,
                  > but Sean's observation is correct
                  > and cogent -- humanity is just as
                  > likely to be destroyed as saved
                  > by "monkey see, monkey do."

                  Well, that's the Yin and Yang of it. The Tao would be
                  dealing with (or letting happen) the awareness of the
                  100 monkeys within us. This is demonstrated by the
                  practices of the Kundalini Yoga tradition that points
                  to 7 different energy areas within that all have other
                  "emanations" sprouting off of them, and the Kabbalah branch
                  of Jewish mysticism which sites 10. When each is equally
                  activated (by Witnessing/Presence/Awareness/etc, brought
                  about by specific practices and activated by Grace), the
                  "100 Monkey" transformation takes place within and the
                  practitioner achieves Enlightenment. The energy areas
                  are said to power the various aspects of being human.
                  For example, the balance between Joy and Sadness,
                  Good and Evil, Wisdom and Ignorance, etc. So I see this and
                  similar stories as meditative teachings that have the
                  potential to evolve us much more within than the first
                  things we see in our initial realizations of their
                  meaning. And it's a blessing and mystery that these and
                  similar tools for the enquiry into "Who Am I?" has been
                  given to us as tools for Self Realization.

                • sean tremblay
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
                    It's only done by doing!