Re: [Meditation Society of America] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2009
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Cosmic Phoenix <ravendancer55@...> wrote:

      > Try a chair maybe. Everyone has difficulty with concentration. KeepĀ  refocusing on your breath, persist and you'll be more comfortable later with practice.

      I think this is good advise, and I'm sure that a
      position for meditation can be found that doesn't
      cause falling backward or any other distraction
      that is caused by your body. Most meditative
      traditions place great importance on the
      posture used for meditation, and similarly on not
      having your emotions or mental chatter take your
      your attention away from the focus of your
      meditation. I think you may benefit from the
      article on our web site (Meditation Station) that
      is titled "What Is Meditation". It will give you
      a basic understanding of meditation and the things
      that can cause you to "fall" off of your aim.
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/what.html