Re: [Meditation Society of America] (unknown)

  • Cosmic Phoenix
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14 7:47 PM
      Try a chair maybe. Everyone has difficulty with concentration. Keep  refocusing on your breath, persist and you'll be more comfortable later with practice.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 16 1:07 PM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Cosmic Phoenix <ravendancer55@...> wrote:

        > Try a chair maybe. Everyone has difficulty with concentration. KeepĀ  refocusing on your breath, persist and you'll be more comfortable later with practice.

        I think this is good advise, and I'm sure that a
        position for meditation can be found that doesn't
        cause falling backward or any other distraction
        that is caused by your body. Most meditative
        traditions place great importance on the
        posture used for meditation, and similarly on not
        having your emotions or mental chatter take your
        your attention away from the focus of your
        meditation. I think you may benefit from the
        article on our web site (Meditation Station) that
        is titled "What Is Meditation". It will give you
        a basic understanding of meditation and the things
        that can cause you to "fall" off of your aim.
        http://www.meditationsociety.com/what.html