Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Apr 25, 2009
      Be Nothing

      "When you really understand the limitations
      of your physical level and your mental level,
      then you become really thirsty to get into
      the spiritual level. Then, you know that
      what you have known, what you have learned
      and what you have understood all these years
      is just nothing. You become, actually,
      nothing; in the words of the Zen philosophy:
      you have to become nothing. Until this stage,
      you feel that you are something. Don't we
      hear people saying, `Oh, he or she is really
      something'? But that something should become
      nothing. When we really become nothing, then
      we get into a sphere where we become everything.
      And that nothingness is expressed as devotion,
      faith, respect and humility. It really takes
      a lot of courage to let go and to be nothing.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      www.YogaAndPeace.org.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda