Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 201 , Mar 21, 2009
      Just Be
      "The flower doesn't even know it is giving
      fragrance. Does it say, `Here is a nice
      person; I want to be extra nice and give
      her some fragrance?' A candle doesn't even
      know that it is giving light. It is just
      light. Does the candle say, `Hey, look. I'm
      here wasting my time; I'm melting away. Come,
      read or write something?' No. The candle is
      just there. That is what a Karma Yogi is.
      Just by that yogi's very presence, people
      enjoy the light, people enjoy the smell,
      people get the benefit. But, if you feel,
      `I wanted to give, but nobody wanted to
      receive; I'm wasting my time,' then you are
      unhappy. Do you think that people are waiting
      around for you to give them something? Nobody
      is waiting for your gift. But, when they are
      hungry, they will take it. So, just be. Don't
      try to become.

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      www.YogaAndPeace.org.
      Message 201 of 201 , Jul 24 4:21 PM
        "When even one virtue becomes our nature, the mind becomes clean and tranquil. Then there is no need to practice meditation; we will automatically be meditating always."
        Sri Gurudev Swami Satchidananda