- No Dimensions Meditation This is a powerful method for centering one s energy in the hara - the area just below the navel. It is based on a Sufi technique ofMessage 1 of 2 , Mar 19 11:15 PMView SourceNo Dimensions Meditation
This is a powerful method for centering one's energy in the hara - the area just below the navel. It is based on a Sufi technique of movements for awareness and integration of the body. Because it is a Sufi meditation, it is free and non-serious. In fact it is so non-serious that you can even smile while you are doing it.
This one-hour meditation has three stages. During the first two stages the eyes are open but not focused on anything. During the third stage the eyes are closed.
The music, created especially for this meditation, begins slowly and gradually becomes faster and faster as an uplifting force.
First stage: SUFI MOVEMENTS 30 minutes
A continuous dance in a set of six movements. With your eyes open, begin by standing in one place and placing the left hand on the heart and the right hand on the hara. Stand still for a few moments just listening to the music to get centered. This stage of the meditation starts slowly and builds up in intensity.
If you are doing this with others you may get out of synchronicity with the others and think you have made a mistake. When that happens, just stop, see where the other people are, and then get back into the same rhythm and timing as everyone else.
When the bell rings, start the sequence as described below. The movements always come from the center, or hara, using the music to keep the correct rhythm. The hips and eyes face the direction of the hand movement. Use graceful movements in a continuous flow. Loud "Shoo" sounds are made from the throat in synchronicity with the sounds from the recording.
Repeat this six-movement sequence continuously for 30 minutes.
1) Touch the backs of the hands together pointing downward on the hara. Breathing in through the nose, bring the hands up to the heart and fill them with love. Breathing out make the sound "Shoo" from the throat and send love out to the world. At the same time move the right arm (with fingers extended, palm downward) and right foot straight forward, and move the left hand back down to the hara. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
2) Repeat this movement with the left arm and foot. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
3) Repeat this movement with the right arm and foot, turning sideways to the right. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
4) Repeat this movement with the left arm and foot, turning sideways to the left. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
5) Repeat this movement with the right arm and foot, turning directly behind from the right side. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
6) Repeat this movement with the left arm and foot, turning directly behind from the left side. Return to the original position with both hands on the hara.
This stage is over when the music comes to a stop. The second stage begins with new music.
Second stage: WHIRLING 15 minutes
Begin by placing the right toe over the left toe. Fold your arms across your chest and embrace yourself. Feel love for yourself. When the music starts bow down to existence for bringing you here for this meditation. When the tempo changes, begin whirling either to the left or to the right, whichever feels best for you. If you whirl to the right put the right foot and the right arm to the right and the left arm in the opposite direction.. As you start to whirl you can change your hands to any position which feels good to you.
If you have not whirled before then go very very slowly at first and once your mind and body get acclimated to the movements the body will naturally go faster. Do not force yourself to go too fast too soon. If you do get dizzy or it feels like it is too much for you, it is okay to stop and stand or to sit down. To end the whirling, slow down and fold the arms over the chest and heart.
Third stage: SILENCE 15 minutes
Lie down on the belly with your eyes closed. Leave your legs open and not crossed to allow all the energy you have gathered to flow through you. There is nothing to do except to just be with yourself. If it is uncomfortable to lie on your belly, lie on your back. A gong will indicate the end of the meditation.
Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!