Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 200 , Mar 15, 2009
      What Else Does Anyone Want?
      "For a long time, I had this saying on my
      stationery: `It's all Your name. It's all
      Your form. It's all Your deed. And it's
      all for good.' Since childhood, I have believed
      that, and I don't think I ever regretted having
      that belief. It is that belief that always
      keeps me sane, that keeps me peaceful, never
      too upset over anything. Why? Because it's all
      for good. Maybe you might say, `Oh that's an easy
      way of escaping.' Well, whether it's escaping or
      not, all I get is my peace. That is something
      more precious to me than anything in the world.
      You may call it escapism or blind faith, but what
      it is to me is that I am retaining my peace.
      Because of that peace, I am always joyful, always
      happy. What else would anyone want?

      God bless you. OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti."

      For more by and about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://yogaandpeace.org/
      Message 200 of 200 , Feb 9, 2016
        Watch your mind. Watch your breath. Become an observer, which is the key to Jnana Yoga. Don’t worry about particular techniques. Just sit back and observe the breath, mind, and thoughts. Just see what’s happening within you. Become a witness, which is a wonderful form of meditation. Be still and watch what is happening in your mind and in your body. Maybe you have been repeating a mantra or focusing on one object for a time. You may then relax and sit calmly and watch the mind; observe the peaceful vibrations that come. Listen to the silence completely. Observe your own brain. See how peaceful you are. The mind seems to be totally at rest. You might think the mind is almost asleep, yet you are still conscious of the whole thing. The body is resting. The breath has very much slowed. The mind is almost sleeping but you are aware of everything.

        Ask yourself, “Who is aware of them? What is this awareness? Who knows all these things? That is You, the Knower. You are totally different from your body, from your mind. You are the witness—what you call the Self, the pure Self—the witness of the body and mind. If you could maintain this witnessing constantly, still knowing you are the witness all the time, you would reach Self-awareness or

        Self-realization. Keep up this awareness, even in your day-to-day activities. When you are eating, when you are walking, and especially when you are distressed, you can still witness. You will constantly enjoy supreme peace. Through this practice you become the master of your own body and mind. You’ll walk through life like an undisturbed sage.