Swami Chidananda On Gurus

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      We received an email asking about
      Gurus and what they can do for a
      seeker. Here's one take on it:

      Swami Chidananda On Gurus

      The Guru never passes away; the Guru is
      never absent. He is immortal and deathless
      and has come to teach us that we are
      immortal and deathless. As long as the sun
      and the moon and the stars continue to shine
      in the sky above us, the Guru is present in
      the lives of all beings in the form of his
      resplendent teachings. Guru jnana-upadesa,
      the wisdom teachings of the Guru, are our
      wealth and treasure. They represent for us
      visible kripa (Grace). They are for us, and
      they constitute, the ever-present light that
      shines and illumines our life and
      the path before us.

      Understand this clearly and walk in the
      light. Understand this clearly and know that
      the Guru is where there is reverence for
      his teachings, an eagerness to fulfil his
      teachings and a keen desire to follow the path
      pointed out by him. Where there is an earnest,
      ardent and fervent wish to move along that path,
      to practice his instructions, there the Guru is
      fully present and guru kripa is fully present.
      The anugraha (revealing grace - which grants
      knowledge and severs the soul's bonds) of the
      Guru enriches such an aspirant.