Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • anil shrotriya
    Message 1 of 200 , Feb 28, 2009
      Kundalini Meditation
      Known as the “sister meditation” to Dynamic, with four stages of fifteen minutes each this method is a gentle yet effective way to release all the accumulated stress of your day.
      This meditation lasts for one hour and has four stages, three with music, and the last without.

      Kundalini acts like an energetic shower, softly shaking you free of your day and leaving you refreshed and mellow.

      First Stage: 15 minutes

      Be loose and let your whole body shake, feeling the energies moving up from your feet. Let go everywhere and become the shaking. Your eyes may be open or closed.

      “Allow the shaking; don’t do it. Stand silently, feel it coming and when your body starts trembling, help it but don’t do it. Enjoy it, feel blissful about it, allow it, receive it, welcome it, but don’t will it.
      “If you force it will become an exercise, a bodily, physical exercise. Then the shaking will be there but just on the surface; it will not penetrate you. You will remain solid, stone-like, rock-like within. You will remain the manipulator, the doer, and the body will just be following. The body is not the question – you are the question.
      “When I say shake, I mean your solidity, your rock-like being should shake to the very foundations so that it becomes liquid, fluid, melts, flows. And when the rock-like being becomes liquid, your body will follow. Then there is no shake, only shaking.. Then nobody is doing it; it is simply happening. Then the doer is not.”

      Second Stage: 15 minutes

      Dance, any way you feel, letting the whole body move as it wishes. Again, your eyes can be open or closed.

      Third Stage: 15 minutes

      Close your eyes and be still, sitting or standing, observing, witnessing, whatever is happening inside and out.

      Fourth Stage: 15 minutes

      Keeping your eyes closed, lie down and be still.

      Message 200 of 200 , Feb 9, 2016
        Watch your mind. Watch your breath. Become an observer, which is the key to Jnana Yoga. Don’t worry about particular techniques. Just sit back and observe the breath, mind, and thoughts. Just see what’s happening within you. Become a witness, which is a wonderful form of meditation. Be still and watch what is happening in your mind and in your body. Maybe you have been repeating a mantra or focusing on one object for a time. You may then relax and sit calmly and watch the mind; observe the peaceful vibrations that come. Listen to the silence completely. Observe your own brain. See how peaceful you are. The mind seems to be totally at rest. You might think the mind is almost asleep, yet you are still conscious of the whole thing. The body is resting. The breath has very much slowed. The mind is almost sleeping but you are aware of everything.

        Ask yourself, “Who is aware of them? What is this awareness? Who knows all these things? That is You, the Knower. You are totally different from your body, from your mind. You are the witness—what you call the Self, the pure Self—the witness of the body and mind. If you could maintain this witnessing constantly, still knowing you are the witness all the time, you would reach Self-awareness or

        Self-realization. Keep up this awareness, even in your day-to-day activities. When you are eating, when you are walking, and especially when you are distressed, you can still witness. You will constantly enjoy supreme peace. Through this practice you become the master of your own body and mind. You’ll walk through life like an undisturbed sage.