Re: [Meditation Society of America] Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • anil shrotriya
    Message 1 of 199 , Feb 28, 2009
      Kundalini Meditation
      Known as the “sister meditation” to Dynamic, with four stages of fifteen minutes each this method is a gentle yet effective way to release all the accumulated stress of your day.
      This meditation lasts for one hour and has four stages, three with music, and the last without.

      Kundalini acts like an energetic shower, softly shaking you free of your day and leaving you refreshed and mellow.

      First Stage: 15 minutes

      Be loose and let your whole body shake, feeling the energies moving up from your feet. Let go everywhere and become the shaking. Your eyes may be open or closed.

      “Allow the shaking; don’t do it. Stand silently, feel it coming and when your body starts trembling, help it but don’t do it. Enjoy it, feel blissful about it, allow it, receive it, welcome it, but don’t will it.
      “If you force it will become an exercise, a bodily, physical exercise. Then the shaking will be there but just on the surface; it will not penetrate you. You will remain solid, stone-like, rock-like within. You will remain the manipulator, the doer, and the body will just be following. The body is not the question – you are the question.
      “When I say shake, I mean your solidity, your rock-like being should shake to the very foundations so that it becomes liquid, fluid, melts, flows. And when the rock-like being becomes liquid, your body will follow. Then there is no shake, only shaking.. Then nobody is doing it; it is simply happening. Then the doer is not.”

      Second Stage: 15 minutes

      Dance, any way you feel, letting the whole body move as it wishes. Again, your eyes can be open or closed.

      Third Stage: 15 minutes

      Close your eyes and be still, sitting or standing, observing, witnessing, whatever is happening inside and out.

      Fourth Stage: 15 minutes

      Keeping your eyes closed, lie down and be still.

      Message 199 of 199 , May 23
        This is just so right on.  Thank you once again  :)