Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 200 , Feb 28 12:21 PM
      You are Guiding Me

      "If you are really interested in knowing why
      God does certain things, find out where God
      is, get the answer and, then, convey it to me,
      also. Until we reach that level, we can say,
      `My understanding is very little. God, You
      seem to know everything, and You are doing
      everything. Who am I to question You? You might
      have a reason for everything. All I know is that
      You are within me, You are guiding me. That is
      enough. I can't question You. It's like trying
      to measure an infinite ocean with a small
      yardstick. How am I going to measure You? I
      know all the great people who have realized You
      say that whatever You do seems to be for good.
      I believe them, otherwise the world would have
      collapsed long ago.'

      For more info about Swami Satchidananda:
      http://www.YogaAndPeace.org
      Message 200 of 200 , Feb 9 5:26 PM
        Watch your mind. Watch your breath. Become an observer, which is the key to Jnana Yoga. Don’t worry about particular techniques. Just sit back and observe the breath, mind, and thoughts. Just see what’s happening within you. Become a witness, which is a wonderful form of meditation. Be still and watch what is happening in your mind and in your body. Maybe you have been repeating a mantra or focusing on one object for a time. You may then relax and sit calmly and watch the mind; observe the peaceful vibrations that come. Listen to the silence completely. Observe your own brain. See how peaceful you are. The mind seems to be totally at rest. You might think the mind is almost asleep, yet you are still conscious of the whole thing. The body is resting. The breath has very much slowed. The mind is almost sleeping but you are aware of everything.

        Ask yourself, “Who is aware of them? What is this awareness? Who knows all these things? That is You, the Knower. You are totally different from your body, from your mind. You are the witness—what you call the Self, the pure Self—the witness of the body and mind. If you could maintain this witnessing constantly, still knowing you are the witness all the time, you would reach Self-awareness or

        Self-realization. Keep up this awareness, even in your day-to-day activities. When you are eating, when you are walking, and especially when you are distressed, you can still witness. You will constantly enjoy supreme peace. Through this practice you become the master of your own body and mind. You’ll walk through life like an undisturbed sage.