jason

  • Athanor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      What do you wanna talk about jason?
      mirela
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jason <jfishman2@...>
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 8:22 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Greg

      How intersting that the post become fervent after the new years,
      many resovling to find "the truth"?

      Judi continues to make her "elegant" point so very clear, yet all
      dance around the issue of experienced understanding by asking the
      same questions over and over again, what a wonderful game of cat and
      mouse!

      Quite without the mind, understanding is...
      Quite within the mind experience is...

      It's quite simple, touch a hot stove and get burned, learn to not
      touch a hot stove again or forget the lesson and do it all over
      again, that is understanding born of experience.

      True spiritual understanding (insert label of your favorite belief
      here, i.e. God, The Tao, Enlightenment, etc..) comes from nothing
      one will reach from the physical senses, is born of emptyness,
      cannot be found when sought and does not forget, it simple is.

      The one that seeks no understanding, "knows" the way
      The one that seeks understanding, "knows" only the experience

      In other words seek nothing, you'll soon discover something. Need
      nothing and you will have everything you'll ever need.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Athanor"
      <athanor@c...> wrote:
      > About what kind of understanding are you talking here?
      > mirela

      something experiential. To understand algebra, or home mortgages,
      or how to drive from Chicago to Detroit is an experiential thing.

      > But the kind of understanding we're talking about here is not
      experiential. If it were, then it would just be a kind of non-dual
      mumbo-jumbo - a way of looking at things or a way to talk about
      things. But it's more than that -- and less too. Maybe the event
      that people point to as "IT HAPPENED RIGHT THEN!!" -- maybe that is
      experiential. But that's just a point in time - the understanding
      is not that.

      > Of course, where one is evaluating things seeking an end to
      suffering - then the goal will be conceived of as some kind of
      experience. It can't be helped. But it also doesn't hurt to be
      open to the possibility that this understanding is not an
      experience...

      > Love,
      >
      > --Greg
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Jason <jfishman2@msn.com>
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        A better question is when is it one wants to talk... Seeking is
        certainly a time consuming thing, sometimes an all inclusive ordeal.
        You seek a teacher, yet you will always be your greatest teacher.
        Look only to yourself, spend your time learning some tools that work
        well for you (i.e. meditation, prayer, ritual virgin
        sacrifice!!..kiding on the last one, of course). Spend that energy
        toward smooshing your experiences into a big round ball of pooh,
        then flush it down the toilet, realize how meaningless your reality
        really is then let it all go!! Breathing, last time I checked was
        still free, so are thoughts... breath in and out, reflect if your so
        moved to, live, enjoy and suffer as long as it suits you and above
        all love (for lack of a better english word) beyond the physical,
        beyond emotion and you'll want for nuttin!!! Although, a good
        massage from time to time ain't bad ;)

        <athanor@c...> wrote:
        > What do you wanna talk about jason?
        > mirela