Re: Greg

  • Jason <jfishman2@msn.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
      How intersting that the post become fervent after the new years,
      many resovling to find "the truth"?

      Judi continues to make her "elegant" point so very clear, yet all
      dance around the issue of experienced understanding by asking the
      same questions over and over again, what a wonderful game of cat and
      mouse!

      Quite without the mind, understanding is...
      Quite within the mind experience is...

      It's quite simple, touch a hot stove and get burned, learn to not
      touch a hot stove again or forget the lesson and do it all over
      again, that is understanding born of experience.

      True spiritual understanding (insert label of your favorite belief
      here, i.e. God, The Tao, Enlightenment, etc..) comes from nothing
      one will reach from the physical senses, is born of emptyness,
      cannot be found when sought and does not forget, it simple is.

      The one that seeks no understanding, "knows" the way
      The one that seeks understanding, "knows" only the experience

      In other words seek nothing, you'll soon discover something. Need
      nothing and you will have everything you'll ever need.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Athanor"
      <athanor@c...> wrote:
      > About what kind of understanding are you talking here?
      > mirela

      something experiential. To understand algebra, or home mortgages,
      or how to drive from Chicago to Detroit is an experiential thing.

      > But the kind of understanding we're talking about here is not
      experiential. If it were, then it would just be a kind of non-dual
      mumbo-jumbo - a way of looking at things or a way to talk about
      things. But it's more than that -- and less too. Maybe the event
      that people point to as "IT HAPPENED RIGHT THEN!!" -- maybe that is
      experiential. But that's just a point in time - the understanding
      is not that.

      > Of course, where one is evaluating things seeking an end to
      suffering - then the goal will be conceived of as some kind of
      experience. It can't be helped. But it also doesn't hurt to be
      open to the possibility that this understanding is not an
      experience...

      > Love,
      >
      > --Greg
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jason
        <jfishman2@m...>" <jfishman2@m...> wrote:
        > How intersting that the post become fervent after the new years,
        > many resovling to find "the truth"?
        >
        > Judi continues to make her "elegant" point so very clear, yet all
        > dance around the issue of experienced understanding by asking the
        > same questions over and over again, what a wonderful game of cat
        and
        > mouse!

        ***** Thank you Jason, obviously a man of understanding. You're more
        than welcome at the ranch anytime. Largely it's a more mature group
        of folks, at the "end of their rope", with spiritual seeking. We got
        some very bright people over there and your input would be much
        appreciated. Always can use another cowhand, much appreciated by me.

        Judi

      • Jason <jfishman2@msn.com>
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
          Aww, shucks... Any ole fool like myself can string words together
          and make em sound like something!!

          Honestly though, much appreciation on the invite and maybe the next
          time something useful pops up in the ball of mush I'll drop on in do
          a lil "hocus pocus" and then make myself dissapear. After all I am a
          great guru, yanno ;) World renowned even!! (chuckle)

          Thank you much and lasting peace my wise friend

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes

        • Gregory Goode
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
            Understanding the selflessness of all things, one's own "self," and other people and things. Again, it's more like the Santa Claus example than like solving a puzzle. After all, I've solved puzzles before, then years later looked at them again and actually FORGOTTEN HOW I'D DONE IT! So what I'm talking about is not that! Wherever you look, it's in back of you.

            This is not to say that no experiential sequences are helpful. There are meditation techniques that are helpful. Judi always talks about taking a serious look at what you're doing. Although it's not experiential, there are experiences that you can have that can help one stop thinking that it IS experiential!

            I have an article here that talks about a step-by-step method (there are others too). It's uncompromising, not for the timid-minded or those looking to feel good. And when done properly, it's downright frightening. But it pierces thru the conditioning that falsely attributes an essential substance to things. Check out this link, called "Another Kind of Self-Inquiry":

            http://www.harshasatsangh.com/Magazine/7fold-f.htm

            Love,

            --Greg

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003

              ***** It's what I call "knack". :-)

              > Honestly though, much appreciation on the invite and maybe the next
              > time something useful pops up in the ball of mush I'll drop on in
              do
              > a lil "hocus pocus" and then make myself dissapear. After all I am
              > great guru, yanno ;) World renowned even!! (chuckle)
              >
              > Thank you much and lasting peace my wise friend

              ******* Thank you sweetheart, will be my pleasure, anytime.

              Hocus pocus, poof! :-)
              Judi
            • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
                Greg wrote:
                > Judi always talks about taking a serious look at what you're
                doing.

                ******** Bingo! What there is to be realized is NOT some heavenly,
                wunnerful, blissful "experience", that these teachers are "hawking"
                with their "color brochures", but RATHER your own activity of
                suffering, which is "you", which in essence is all your
                separate "identity" amounts to.

                A little poem from Ram Tzu:

                You clever ones
                Are beyond the reach
                Of a paternal God

                You put your faith
                In the esoteric
                To protect it
                From your cynicism.

                Now you come
                Sniffing around Ram Tzu
                As if he were
                A bitch in heat.

                You hope to get
                Your spiritual rocks off.

                Ram Tzu knows this...

                Your orgasm,
                Your experience of God,
                (should you be lucky enough to have one)
                Will not be Enlightenment,
                But the result of masturbation.
              • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
                  Greg wrote:
                  > Judi always talks about taking a serious look at what you're
                  doing.

                  ******** Bingo! What there is to be realized is NOT some heavenly,
                  wunnerful, blissful "experience", that these teachers are "hawking"
                  with their "color brochures", but RATHER your own activity of
                  suffering, which is "you", which in essence is all your
                  separate "identity" amounts to.

                  A little poem from Ram Tzu:

                  You clever ones
                  Are beyond the reach