Re: Ego vs

  • asangac2002
    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 18, 2002
      Dear Vicky,<br> I guess this is my two cents on
      the previous thread of messages you started
      concerning starting out on meditation. Well being a beginner
      myself, one thing I have noticed is that regardless of
      the time spent during your session where you are
      actually in a 'meditative state', the very fact that you
      HAVE spent a reasonable amount of time trying to
      achieve such a state will bring about tangible
      results.<br>One change I've noticed is that even though I still
      get upset over little things, I am more prone to
      mentally stopping myself, acknowledging the feelings of
      anger or hurt and then going on. This, I think I am
      pretty sure is a result of regular meditation maybe 15
      minutes a day after about a week or so of practice.And
      during that time I do not think I was actually really
      focused on my goal for more than a period of two or three
      minutes for each session. (Then again that is not two or
      three minutes at a stretch either, more like half a
      minute of straight concentration!!!!)<br> Maybe a more
      experienced person on this message board can offer their
      views on this too. Well, anyway my point is keep at it,
      even though you might not see immediate results (I
      sure haven't started seeing any visions or developed a
      third eye yet, although I would like to, one day). If
      you are a religious person, a little prayer for some
      help before starting (according to your own beliefs)
      would help to calm and make you more 'productive'
      :)<br> I've been where you were, a lot of times in the
      past, there's a road out, where you'll be smiling
      again, it may or may not be through meditative practice,
      hopefully it is. Anyway good luck, and keep at it, also do
      write back with progress, defintely slow pokes like me,
      are sure to find valuable info there.<br>Take
      Care,<br>Ace
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: